Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, do you feel insecure when your girlfriend is making more money than you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pariah)
    you seem to have missed my point and you haven't answered my question

if your partner had consistently over time wanted to spend money you wanted to put into the business on something else would it have worked out?
    There's been plenty of occasions where one of us has wanted to buy something and we've had to sit down and crunch the numbers and worked out if it was a) affordable and b) what we *really* want.

So to answer your questions, yes and it worked out fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    WTF is "pendejo" ?
    They don't teach Spanish in British schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Have you ever considered being rude in English
    I am usually rude in English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    They don't teach Spanish in British schools?
    1) It's a choice; I am not in Britain. "Pendejo" sounds like some kind of *****y way of saying "okay".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walking in sand)
    Then you shouldn't be with him...
    Agree 100%. Don't string him along - sounds like you've more problems than he does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) It's a choice; I am not in Britain. "Pendejo" sounds like some kind of *****y way of saying "okay".
    Do you have a problem with my language?

I don't see the association. Racist against Latin Americans

ReputationRep:
    nope - that just means I don't have to pay for her for the things I shouldn't have been paying for in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a problem with my language?
    Nah, I have a problem with you :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I have a problem with you :indiff:
    I care? You sound insecure

ReputationRep:
    I care? You sound insecure
    You clearly missed my entire point... Why would be insecure over some random calling me an idiot in a language I basically don't care about? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You clearly missed my entire point... Why would be insecure over some random calling me an idiot in a language I basically don't care about? :laugh:
    The fact you've just responded back. :mmm: I was kidding with you anyway,don't take it personal. Me explico? Good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haydo)
    His actual mandatory expenditure is £655. He pays £60 a week on petrol so it'd be £240 a month.

Don't mean to nitpick just trying to help
    ah **** skipped the week bit, damn £60 a week...where is he working in London where he needs to travel so far for such a wage? I guess he drives about 30 or so miles each way?

ReputationRep:
    The fact you've just responded back. :mmm: I was kidding with you anyway,don't take it personal. Me explico? Good
    Well now w'ere just messing with each other :indiff: Uh, I got a U in French and they wouldn't let me do Spanish and I cba opening Google translate (and the fact it's wrong 90% of the time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    hThey will earn, then 3 weeks later wonder where it all went. And I know he doesn't spend it stupidly, like getting drunk every weekend...I honestly don't know where it goes.
    What you could do, albeit I wouldn't phrase it like prying, is suggest he do a spreadsheet on what he's spending each week. I did this for a little while to get a real idea of what I was spending, since small £5 type purchases add up if they're very often but you can forget about them.

ReputationRep:
    Well now w'ere just messing with each other :indiff: Uh, I got a U in French and they wouldn't let me do Spanish and I cba opening Google translate (and the fact it's wrong 90% of the time).
    Do you do foreign languages in your school apart from French and why can't you choose? Spanish>French.

ReputationRep:
    Do you do foreign languages in your school apart from French and why can't you choose? Spanish>French.
    Uh... well I didn't pick any of them but I'm 'learning' German because I really wanna know a language apart from my parents' and English Yeah, there's French, German and Spanish offered.

ReputationRep:
    Uh... well I didn't pick any of them but I'm 'learning' German because I really wanna know a language apart from my parents' and English Yeah, there's French, German and Spanish offered.
    Spanish>German and any other language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    There's been plenty of occasions where one of us has wanted to buy something and we've had to sit down and crunch the numbers and worked out if it was a) affordable and b) what we *really* want.

So to answer your questions, yes and it worked out fine.
    so and your partner you have a similar attitude to money - you are happy to sit down and work things through.

so you agree with me. what a relief that that's settled

ReputationRep:
    Spanish>German and any other language
    Get shrekt m9. German > all

ReputationRep:
    Get shrekt m9. German > all
    It's such an aggressive sounding language. Spanish is so smoooooth

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.