Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help test TSR's new Search - £10 for 30 mins - are you free Fri, 26th Feb? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We are currently playing around in the TSR office with a brand spanking new, Google powered TSR search. Woohoo!

The plan is to make it live at some point around March and we would like YOU to help us make it brilliant before we launch it.

We are looking for 3 regular users of TSR to pop into the office this Friday 26th February for 30 minutes. We will pay for your travel expenses and give you a tenner for your time. Plus of course, you can meet the team and see the office if you would like to. And there will no doubt be biscuits.

So, if you would like to be the very first TSR members to try the new search and help us shape one of the most important parts of the site - please email me on jack.wallington @thestudentroom.com (without the space) with the time you would like to pop in.

The people who apply must be in Yr 12 or 13, or in the first year of university.

Jack

ReputationRep:
    Any reason it's restricted to up to first year of uni?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Damn. I've to work and I'm on a gap yah. Good luck to whomever's chosen.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Any reason it's restricted to up to first year of uni?
    Yes, we are interested in different groups of people. There will be other testing for other age groups. In this instance, we are focusing on Yr 12 - 1st year of uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Yes, we are interested in different groups of people. There will be other testing for other age groups. In this instance, we are focusing on those year groups.
    Ah brilliant. I wasn't free 10th of Feb but I'm interested in this. I'll keep my eye out for the older age group tests!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Ah brilliant. I wasn't free 10th of Feb but I'm interested in this. I'll keep my eye out for the older age group tests!
    Cool It's very exciting, this is one of the most important things to ever be done to TSR. If we get it right, it will improve the site so much for everyone, and help even more students find the great advice on here.

ReputationRep:
    Cool It's very exciting, this is one of the most important things to ever be done to TSR. If we get it right, it will improve the site so much for everyone, and help even more students find the great advice on here.
    Google Custom Search or is it more unique to TSR?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Captain Jack

I've passed this on to a friend who doesn't currently use TSR. He's a first year at Brighton. :yy:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Captain Jack

I've passed this on to a friend who doesn't currently use TSR. He's a first year at Brighton. :yy:
    Thank you - we have another session for people who don't use TSR, so that will be useful. The session on the 10th is for people who use TSR quite heavily.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is the 10th (a Wednesday) not a great day considering for Y12/13 'should' be in school... We shall see who the truants are
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Is the 10th (a Wednesday) not a great day considering for Y12/13 'should' be in school... We shall see who the truants are
    Most generally pop in on a free period, during their lunch or after college
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Are there that many Brighton Sixthformerrs :holmes: on here?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Ahh fair enough! Haha
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Yeh and we're in touch with local schools regularly
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Lots of surrounding areas too, London is only 45 mins by train.

Hi everyone,

We are currently playing around in the TSR office with a brand spanking new, Google powered TSR search. Woohoo!

The plan is to make it live at some point around March and we would like YOU to help us make it brilliant before we launch it.

In the first instance, we are doing some user testing on the 10th February in the TSR office in Brighton (right next to the train station). It will involve playing around with the brand new search.

We are looking for 3 regular users of TSR to pop into the office on the 10th for 30 minutes. We will pay for your travel expenses and give you a tenner for your time. Plus of course, you can meet the team and see the office if you would like to. And there will no doubt be biscuits.

So, if you would like to be the very first TSR members to try the new search and help us shape one of the most important parts of the site - please reply below.
    Ah :gah:

The people who apply must be in Yr 12 or 13, or in the first year of university.
    Ah :sad:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Are there any restrictions surrounding what time people can visit?

Assuming the afternoon is fine, I'll bite, why not I'm a first year

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

In the first instance, we are doing some user testing on the 10th February in the TSR office in Brighton (right next to the train station). It will involve playing around with the brand new search.

We are looking for 3 regular users of TSR to pop into the office on the 10th for 30 minutes. We will pay for your travel expenses and give you a tenner for your time. Plus of course, you can meet the team and see the office if you would like to. And there will no doubt be biscuits.

So, if you would like to be the very first TSR members to try the new search and help us shape one of the most important parts of the site - please reply below.

Jack
    Hello

I am in my first year of university and would like to attend on the day
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    Hello

I am in my first year of university and would like to attend on the day
    Great, thank you Please can you email me at jack.wallington @ thestudentroom .com? Including your name, age, where you study and what time you can come into the office?

Looking forward you popping in

Jack

ReputationRep:
    Great, thank you Please can you email me at jack.wallington @ thestudentroom .com? Including your name, age, where you study and what time you can come into the office?

Looking forward you popping in

Jack
    Are gap year students eligible?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.