Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a place in uni to start Sept 2016. It is NHS funded but what i wanted to know would i be able to still apply for student finance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsokato)
    Hello,
    Please could you explain (in layman's terms - I am not very money-literate, e.g. is the NHS bursary in addition to the government paying some of the fees, or are they the same thing??) how funding works for graduate entry medicine?
    I am a UK citizen, always lived here, took out a student loan for my first degree.
    Thanks
    Hi there

I can only tell you what the funding arrangements are currently, please check with the university you are applying to for up to date information about funding. In year 1 you will have to pay some of the fees yourself (currently £3465) but you can apply for a tuition fee loan to help with the remainder. You can also access a student loan for living costs. From year 2 onwards funding is currently available for part of the fee from NHS and part of the fee as a tuition fee loan. You can also apply to the NHS for help with living costs.

As I say, please check for up to date information before committing to this course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abc2345)
    I have been offered a place at John Moores University to study Adult Nursing, but I am unsure about how to apply for a bursary, maintenance loan and means tested. Also I am not sure when I should apply for this; because I am still waiting for an insurance choice from my other 4 universities.
    Hi there

When you have your place for 2016 you can apply for an NHS bursary from www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students, that includes means tested support. You can also apply for a reduced rate loan from Student Finance England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonie88)
    I have a place in uni to start Sept 2016. It is NHS funded but what i wanted to know would i be able to still apply for student finance
    What uni are going to this September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonie88)
    Hi there

You can apply to Student Finance England for a reduced rate maintenance loan as well as having funding from an NHS bursary.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your questions and to Mo for answering them.

If you have a question about student finance, there's lots more happening this week - check out our calendar.

And why not check out our student finance zone for a range of helpful guidance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.