Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keeping a balance between fitness, social life and education? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I personally have serious body issues and have been aiming to go to the gym 3 times a week to help myself tone up and become more confident. However, I feel like when I go more than once I feel guilty for not doing my college work (Need to get A's for Uni, currently on C's) and then I don't have very much time left for my friends or boyfriend after working 25 hours a week in my part-time job. If I go to the time 2 times or less per week I feel guilty too, I really want to tone up and lose weight and I feel I'm getting nowhere if I don't go 3 times.

I've been told to try and get up earlier and go to the gym then extra but I have great difficulty getting up in the morning( I LOVE my sleep).

Does anybody have any tips or ideas to keep me on track with everything. Fitness and/or Education will go a treat!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    1) Seek professional advice regarding serious body issues. It's vital you get professional help on this.

2) Exercise should not be a form of procrastination. Education comes first. Exercise, at least when it comes to weight loss, is highly ineffective when you are really stressed.

3) If you want to lose weight, then burn more calories than you require for maintenance. You can do this entirely through diet.

4) You are working a lot of hours for a full time student. Any possibility to cut back slightly, at least temporarily?

5) Going twice is thousand times better than none at all, don't feel guilty you can't go three times.

I'll expand on these points when I have more time, in a bit of a rush, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    That's really helpful! Thank you so much😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliehd)
    That's really helpful! Thank you so much😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are working 25 hours at a-levels! like the other poster says can't this be reduced to give you more time to revise for your exams.

ReputationRep:
    I think 10-15 hours a week tops if you're working during a levels personally

just plan your time carefully, you don't wanna be wasting 2 hours scrolling through facebook and stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.