Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Happy Black History Month! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    you need to get off your knees then
    yeah but no, just stop with the LGBT ****, you guys moan about it not being normal yet its your stupid advertising that stops it from being something of the norm, literally so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    yeah but no, just stop with the LGBT ****, you guys moan about it not being normal yet its your stupid advertising that stops it from being something of the norm, literally so annoying
    and in English please

Oh and FYI I'm not gay I'm just not a bigoted idiot

ReputationRep:
    Not really, Black people had about a century wiped off so it's only fair we remind ourselves of the contributions they've made - pretty ignorant of you, im sure if your country was slaved for a century+ and you had a month dedicated to it, you wouldn't be saying that
    Firstly, being black does not equate to being from simply one country.

Secondly, my nation of heritage was indeed enslaved for more than a century by the British, with certain members of my immediate family being freedom fighters. I still think it's a ridiculous concept. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    just a token gesture ... patronizing even ....

ReputationRep:
    Not really, Black people had about a century wiped off so it's only fair we remind ourselves of the contributions they've made - pretty ignorant of you, im sure if your country was slaved for a century+ and you had a month dedicated to it, you wouldn't be saying that
    My country WAS colonised and enslaved actually. But I have nothing to do with that.

Why do you think you are eligible to your ancestors contributions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    you need to get off your knees then
    :toofunny:

Black history month is such a dumb concept I cringe everytime i hear it.

I remember my time in school my black friends just felt awkward all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronda Rousey)
    Its Feb in the Americas, and Oct in the UK.
    thestudentroom.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Dont forget Slavic history month!
    Mmmm, Slavic girls :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget slavery!

ReputationRep:
    Blacks are treated the same way as people who question the 6 million Holocaust.

You can't say Jews sold and owned slaves. Off limits. Hate speech. At least they aren't jailed for it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, as if it's a celebration. It's not Christmas, and no one cares about it anyway, I don't know any black people who care either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.