jbrd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I get the full maintanence grant from student finance because of my parents financial position, however today I got an additional payment from the HEI bursary people (according to my statement), I haven't applied for any bursary so is this a mistake?

Is it a loan and do I need to pay it back?

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jbrd)
Hi,

I get the full maintanence grant from student finance because of my parents financial position, however today I got an additional payment from the HEI bursary people (according to my statement), I haven't applied for any bursary so is this a mistake?

Is it a loan and do I need to pay it back?

Thanks
As long as you tick the box when applying then your family income information gets shared with your university - so they'll automatically award you any bursaries/awards you're eligible for.

Bursaries are like grants...you don't repay them
noraadele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I'm in the same situation right now. Did everything work out and you were able to keep it in the end? I'm confused because I haven't applied to it and am scared, too, that it's a mistake.

Thank you xx
noraadele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
jbrd
(Original post by noraadele)
Hey I'm in the same situation right now. Did everything work out and you were able to keep it in the end? I'm confused because I haven't applied to it and am scared, too, that it's a mistake.

Thank you xx
Ash223
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't apply for that they just give it you automatically and you don't pay bursarys back. If you tick the box saying share my information with my uni and you get the full loan then you automatically get any bursaries you qualify for x
TJ_98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just curious- I got two bursary payments of £1500 last year over my first year, I’m now retaking, do I get those bursaries still? Do they carry on, or is it just for the first year or something? I checked my unis website but they don’t have a bursary like that you can apply for, so if it didn’t come from them I don’t know where it did.

Also v confused.
Last edited by TJ_98; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (149)
53.79%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
12.27%
20-25 years old (yes) (42)
15.16%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.44%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.86%