The Student Room Group

Did an AVCE at college, can I still be funded for an Access course?

I have applied to a college to study an Access course in Science. I did do an AVCE at college in travel and toursim. Will this affect me getting a loan to cover the access course?
Hi SteffCartwright

The only type of funding you may apply for through Student Finance is a 24+ loan to help pay for the fees (you must be 24+ to get this loan).

We can provide up to 4 loans to a customer. If they decide to go on to study more than one course, they can only receive funding if the new course leads to a different qualification and/or at a different level.

The customer does not need to be progressing their level of study and there does not need to be a link between the courses in order to qualify for a loan. If the customer has been in Higher Education before they can still apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan and will be eligible to receive funding for up to the maximum number of loans, even if you have gained qualifications previously.

The only previous study that we will need to consider is if you have received 24+ Loans before.

Thanks
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi SteffCartwright

The only type of funding you may apply for through Student Finance is a 24+ loan to help pay for the fees (you must be 24+ to get this loan).

We can provide up to 4 loans to a customer. If they decide to go on to study more than one course, they can only receive funding if the new course leads to a different qualification and/or at a different level.

The customer does not need to be progressing their level of study and there does not need to be a link between the courses in order to qualify for a loan. If the customer has been in Higher Education before they can still apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan and will be eligible to receive funding for up to the maximum number of loans, even if you have gained qualifications previously.

The only previous study that we will need to consider is if you have received 24+ Loans before.

Thanks

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending