Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dragonsneed... to Revise Apparently Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dragonsneed... to Revise Apparently
    About Me

Hi. I kind of feel like I should introduce myself a bit, so here goes. I'm Meg and I've never worked hard at anything. Seriously, I just don't try. Ever. Probably because I've always been passable so I never really had to work particularly hard to pass anything. I was never really driven to get great grades, it always felt like a waste of time. Also I was bit of a troublemaker, skiving lessons and back talking. I had a bit of an attitude problem due to lots of reasons, let's just leave it at that. We've established that I'm pretty awful, so mission accomplished I suppose.

Anyway, I sort of got through my GCSEs alright (7As, 2Bs (not anything special but considering I didn't revise or do any work I'm alright with them)) but these AS levels are a little bit more difficult than I had anticipated. I'd sort of been doing the bare minimum and then I got my mock results and well, it's not a pretty picture (DDDE (if I'd gotten a U I could've spelled dude... like dude)). So, yeah. It wasn't all that great. Admittedly I wasn't expecting much but it hit me harder than it should have.

What am I Studying and What I am Hoping to Study

AS History (The Tudors and The Cold War)
    AS RE (New Testament and Ethics)
    AS Sociology (Culture and Identity, Education and Research Methods)
    AS Film Studies (British Horror, American Gangster Movies and The American Film Industry)

As for university/the future... I don't know. I'm still a little hung up on being a spy but I think that it's rather unlikely. At the moment, the plan is to go Film School, become director or cinematographer and like my life vicariously through other people's acting. And win an Academy Award. The back up plan is become Ironman. I personally, think they're both quite attainable. :P

Grade Aims

I'm hoping to get AAAA, which is probably a little bit of a stretch considering my recent results but y'know, if you can dream it you can do it. Or something like that.

So there we go, that's me. Good luck to everyone else out there participating, I hope we all get the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you want to end up eventually? Also, amazing dragon gif there!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: love the title.

I hope that you turn it around. If you learn from the mocks and improve what you're doing, I'm sure that AAAA isn't impossible to get from this stage.

Best of luck! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Warsmith)
    Where do you want to end up eventually? Also, amazing dragon gif there!
    I think the current plan for where I want to end up is directing/script writing/cinematography (I love all the processes so I can't really decide which one yet). I love film, it's such a beautiful art medium and has such a potential to impact a wide range of people, plus it combines my passion of fiction with visual story telling. So I'll probably try to get into film school, I'm thinking NFTS or The London Film School.

And, thank you. I found him online. He's pretty adorable.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    :rofl: love the title.

I hope that you turn it around. If you learn from the mocks and improve what you're doing, I'm sure that AAAA isn't impossible to get from this stage.

Best of luck! :woo:
    Thank you

Yeah, I'm hoping too. DDDE just seems so far away from those grades at the moment. Oh well, time to get revising I guess. :boring:

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 4th February 2016

This week is operation homework week, mostly because I've not done one piece of homework since I got back from the Christmas holidays. I know. I've just been procrastinating and drowning in self pity. So, I've decided that for the rest of this week I'm going to try and get on top of all the work that's been piling up. Wish me luck.

To Do:

History (The Tudors) - Complete an essay on what was Henry VII's most effective strategy during his early consolidation of the throne.

Sociology - Write an essay on ethnicity in the education system, how it affects students in later life, quote at least three sociologists and their theories.

Religious Education - Write an essay on the differences between Matthew's and Luke's accounts of the trials of Jesus.

Film Studies - Finish coursework essay analysis on the closing scene of The Usual Suspects and fully draft creative project.

History (The Tudors) - Complete an essay on the reformation of Government during the reign of Henry VIII

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.