Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen many people discussing the course here. I'm guessing people are probably being put off by the fact that this master course lasts for two years? Anyways, I just want to know if there's anyone here applying (or already holding an offer) for this course. Current students are welcome to share your experience! I'm interested in knowing how competitive the course is and what career prospects the course will provide. Is the course any good comparing to Cambridge and LBS etc.? Is it beneficial for social science graduates (I'm one of those) who want to launch a career in finance (e.g. investment banking)? At the moment, I can't convince myself to spend so much money to attend a two-year master course in LONDON!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to University Connect! Want a head start on getting into uni? You're in the right place.

This new section of The Student Room makes it easy to see which students are getting uni places... and where. You can check specific unis and courses to see the offers people have got and - crucially - whether they got a place.

That's the kind of information usually known only to the universities themselves. But, with your help and the rest of the TSR community, we're able to shine a light on who's getting into which uni... and why.

Try using TSR's University Connect!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect

ReputationRep:
    Judging by the lack of discussion of this course on here, I was beginning to think that I was the only one that had applied this year! I submitted my application at the start of March and I recently received an email saying that I have been recommended for an offer but as of yet have not received an official offer. I am also currently holding an offer to study at CASS for a similar Masters, but this is only a 1 year course and a lot more intensive. Have you managed to receive an offer from LSE yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beni_94)
    Judging by the lack of discussion of this course on here, I was beginning to think that I was the only one that had applied this year! I submitted my application at the start of March and I recently received an email saying that I have been recommended for an offer but as of yet have not received an official offer. I am also currently holding an offer to study at CASS for a similar Masters, but this is only a 1 year course and a lot more intensive. Have you managed to receive an offer from LSE yet?
    Yes I got an offer. Of course you are not the only one who applied for this course! Have you checked out the Facebook group yet? There are like a hundred offer holders in the group. I think it might be worthwhile for you to join it and discuss your questions there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonstudent001)
    Yes I got an offer. Of course you are not the only one who applied for this course! Have you checked out the Facebook group yet? There are like a hundred of offer holders in the group. I think it might be worthwhile for you to join it and discuss your questions there.
    Congrats on the offer! Once/if I receive an official offer, the Facebook group will be my first stop. I do not want to jinx it! If you don't mind me asking, what are the conditions of your offer(so I know what roughly to expect) and is LSE your first choice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.