Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nothing scares the Republicans more than.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronda Rousey)
    That's what I meant by "do you even statistics?"
    I doubt you did, but in case I'm wrong, you should have pointed out the disparity. I actually mostly agree with your original point, but it's a cheap rhetorical trick to accuse the pollsters, scientists or media for providing information that doesn't support your ideas. If this information was from trumpfanclub.com or something similar you'd be right to question its validity but when it's Gallup, just concede the point and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    It's a lot easier to claim credit when someone else does the work for you.
    Doesnt make you any less wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt make you any less wrong.
    This is turning out to be a very pointless discussion.

ReputationRep:
    The GOP had an Indian(Jindal), have two Hispanics(Cruz and Rubio) and also have an African-American(Carson).
    Lets see how the Dems are faring... oh wait, it's just a bunch of old white people

ReputationRep:
    ..the thought of the most powerful man in the world being black, and then for him to be followed by a woman.
    The problem is not that she's a woman, the problem is she's a corrupt, pro-establishment and a criminal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    The GOP had an Indian(Jindal), have two Hispanics(Cruz and Rubio) and also have an African-American(Carson).
    Lets see how the Dems are faring... oh wait, it's just a bunch of old white people
    Jindal did indeed do his part to bring more ethnic variety to the race, as long as his campaign lasted. However, it's questionable how comfortable he actually is with his background.

It has to be noted that as a governor of Louisiana his electorate is vastly more conservative than the country on average but still I think there's something telling about him. His legal first name is Piyush, but for some reason we never hear that and he's known as "Bobby" Jindal. In his official governor's portrait his skin tone is also significantly lighter than in reality. Somewhat related to the portrait, his presidential campaign slogan was "Tanned. Rested. Ready." It begs the question, how tanned gov. Jindal really is, or was the phrase just whitewashing? I don't know but I can imagined being a tanned "Bobby" from Louisiana is more advantageous to you in the primaries than being an immigrant named "Piyush".

And of course you have to ask how much his immigrant background really counts when his chances to actually get the nomination were essentially nill throughout his campaign. He was deeply disliked even in his own state, enjoying the lowest approval rating of a sitting governor in the country, and consistently struggled to get one percentage point of support in the polls. He was technically in the race, but his whole campaign effort was a low-effort joke.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    In the exact same vein democrats are scared of wealthy white men, after all, every Republican nominee to lose was a wealthy white man, obviously it had nothing to do with politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP is quite simply, a snob.

This thread wasn't created to debate or discuss any particular issue but rather to gloat and look down on a sizeable section of the American population dismissing their beliefs with nary a thought. In other words, snobbery.

SS

ReputationRep:
    I too disagree with the Republican's stance on... EVERYTHING. But please don't talk about people like you did in the OP, just because their views are different from yours. If you insult them for insulting other people, you are no different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Kek)
    The problem is not that she's a woman, the problem is she's a corrupt, pro-establishment and a criminal.
    Exactly. Her gender has nothing to do with the fact that she was a lousy Secretary of State and a pretty lousy record as a senator. This doesn't bode well for her as President of the world's most powerful country.

ReputationRep:
    ..the thought of the most powerful man in the world being black, and then for him to be followed by a woman.
    Hillary Clinton is not a woman. She is a psychotic, shape shifting, banshee like entity from a hellish alternate dimension and she will drag our world into the screaming abys. And I'm sorry, but I just can't vote for policies like that. If that makes me a sexist, misogynistic, pig, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    Hillary Clinton is not a woman. She is a psychotic, shape shifting, banshee like entity from a hellish alternate dimension and she will drag our world into the screaming abys. And I'm sorry, but I just can't vote for policies like that. If that makes me a sexist, misogynistic, pig, so be it.
    A reptilian ? probably

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.