Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bought some Dr Martens boots and need advice Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a wonderful pair of black Dr Martens boots and while I adore the way they look, I am not overly enchanted about the way they fit.

My usual shoe size is 5 so I bought a 5. I find that the main problem is the heel; my foot seems to slip around in them a little bit. I read online that Dr Martens are difficult to break into but I'm not sure if this is only applicable to shoes which are too small, not too big.

To my understanding Dr Martens don't come in half sizes either.

For those of you who own these boots, did you have similar problems and how long did it take for them to become comfortable? I tried wearing them for a bit with fluffy thick slipper socks but it didn't seem to solve the issue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberwox)
    I've just bought a wonderful pair of black Dr Martens boots and while I adore the way they look, I am not overly enchanted about the way they fit.

My usual shoe size is 5 so I bought a 5. I find that the main problem is the heel; my foot seems to slip around in them a little bit. I read online that Dr Martens are difficult to break into but I'm not sure if this is only applicable to shoes which are too small, not too big.

To my understanding Dr Martens don't come in half sizes either.

For those of you who own these boots, did you have similar problems and how long did it take for them to become comfortable? I tried wearing them for a bit with fluffy thick slipper socks but it didn't seem to solve the issue...
    They're quite wide - maybe an insole would help if you've got narrow feet

ReputationRep:
    I'm also a size 5 and had a pair about a year ago with similar issues. After a while they do break in and become more comfortable and less annoying but the slipping doesnt really stop. I got rid of mine after about a year.
    My advice would be pop into a shoe store and try a 4, you'll probably find they fit you as most people size down. You could sell yours on ebay/depop and trade them for a smaller pair. Alternatively fluffy socks, insoles and gel insides are probably all you can do

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem! i brought a pair on Saturday and they feel quite loose, i'm going to buy some insoles for them and see if that helps. Also they do have half sizes, mine are a 6.5

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.