Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have applied to study psychology at five universities this year with a grade C in maths. The usual grade required for this subject is a B. I applied with the intention of studying for the May/June IGCSE exams. After searching for an exam centre that offers the papers in my area I found that they are all full. Because I put down a B grade as a qualification not yet achieved I think I'm in trouble as I may receive some offers but will not have the grades to match my initial offer. So I'm a little stuck as to what to do, ring them all? or just wait for clearing?

Thanks

Kass101
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Give them a call and see asap. If they say "no way" then you can start looking around for courses that will take you. They may be lenient and say it is fine as you're only a grade away.

Don't just wait for clearing as by then there is no guarantee of a space and you'll be ringing around asking for spaces with a deadline and pressure. If you can gauge what the unis are going to say early you're of to a good start. q

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.