Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you tell us more about the exchange program; on the website it says you can go to Berkeley in America, what requirements are there to do a exchange program and what financial help does lse provide

Hey, I have one worry about LSE In particular the Goverment (politics) course; how hard are the exams? It seems like its really hard to get for example, a first in a subject like politics (19.05%) compared to history (25%) or even economics at LSE, and students at oxbridge seem to get more firsts in politics (33%) than at LSE. So I was wondering how you're doing in/finding the politics part of your course? And if those statistics should worry me?

Hi everyone! First of all thanks for starting this thread: getting inside opinions has been really helpful for me.

I was just wondering what the main differences between MA100 and MA107/ST107 are? And how the choice you make would affect the courses you can take down the road?

From what I understood MA100 is just a higher level of Maths (I was told it's quite difficult) whereas MA107/ST107 takes you through more of the basics.

(Original post by JonasF)
    ** disclaimer

After discussion with members of staff, the internship between the 3rd and 4th year is not guaranteed yet. It has only been suggested. However, we do have the capstone project where you conduct research for a client organisation in the 4th year.

I had to do a ‘capstone’ internship for my public health masters in the US and it most decisively was not a capstone in any meaningful sense. It consisted of doing a 3 month internship vaguely related in some distant way to public health and retrospectively relating our experiences to a list of ‘competencies’ concocted by departmental administrators who were unqualified to teach a graduate level class. No internship could have covered all the ‘competencies’, so most of them were a complete reach. I hope LSE does a better job!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.