Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is Zoom in The Flash? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Surely when this breaks it'll be someone we're familiar with, otherwise the reveal will have less impace.

A lot of theories out there:

- Zoom is Eaobard Thawne (reverse Flash) from another timeline/Earth 2. Thawne is Dr Zoom/reverse flash in the comics so makes sense, to would be a bit of a let down for me.

- Earth 2 Barry Allen. No one has mentioned what Barry Allen is up to over on Earth 2. Could be a possibility?

- Barry Allen's dad? Seems a bit far fetched, but some people are thinking this.

Any other ideas out there?

ReputationRep:
    these are interesting ideas.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AimeeGleek123)
    these are interesting ideas.
    Who do you think is behind the mask? Wally West is also a future speedster - could be a corrupt version of him...

ReputationRep:
    could be. I have no idea at the moment
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Surely when this breaks it'll be someone we're familiar with, otherwise the reveal will have less impace.

A lot of theories out there:

- Zoom is Eaobard Thawne (reverse Flash) from another timeline/Earth 2. Thawne is Dr Zoom/reverse flash in the comics so makes sense, to would be a bit of a let down for me.

- Earth 2 Barry Allen. No one has mentioned what Barry Allen is up to over on Earth 2. Could be a possibility?

- Barry Allen's dad? Seems a bit far fetched, but some people are thinking this.

Any other ideas out there?
    Probably Thawne
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Probably Thawne
    Who would you want it to be? For me, if it was Thawne, I'd be a bit disappointed. As far as I know the black suited Zoom is new for the TV show, I don't think he's been in the comics(?) so they could do something cool with him.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Who would you want it to be? For me, if it was Thawne, I'd be a bit disappointed. As far as I know the black suited Zoom is new for the TV show, I don't think he's been in the comics(?) so they could do something cool with him.
    I haven't really read the comics tbh. I hope it's one of the squad, maybe an older Barry on Earth 2
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I haven't really read the comics tbh. I hope it's one of the squad, maybe an older Barry on Earth 2
    Yeah a corrupt, messed up Earth 2 Barry would be sweet!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a corrupt, messed up Earth 2 Barry would be sweet!
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    I think its Hunter Zolomon from Earth 2
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    I think its Hunter Zolomon from Earth 2
    OIk I've been researching the comics and I am now convinced it is not zoom at all, but actually Black Flash.

Black Flash is not connected with zoom in any way, but looks exactly the same. Black flash is a black, hellish looking version of The Flash that steals the speedforce from other speedersters - sound familiar?

Google Black Flash and let me know what you think!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.