Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriends lost his libido? Watch

Announcements

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year. He is really affectionate and there is plenty of cuddling, kissing ect. His sex drive can be a bit on/off but it usually only bothers me slightly; we work it out, it blows over.

But at the moment its really dropped. I don't know how to help him or what to do. It leaves me feeling quite down because I end up feeling unattractive and unwanted. This is one of my flaws because I had very bad sexual experiences before I was with him and its left me insecure, so I get a bit too upset and then get angry at myself for being such an idiot. I kind of compare myself to other girls and feel like I'm doing something wrong.

How can I help him? I love him unconditionally and want to make it work.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know it could exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year. He is really affectionate and there is plenty of cuddling, kissing ect. His sex drive can be a bit on/off but it usually only bothers me slightly; we work it out, it blows over.

But at the moment its really dropped. I don't know how to help him or what to do. It leaves me feeling quite down because I end up feeling unattractive and unwanted. This is one of my flaws because I had very bad sexual experiences before I was with him and its left me insecure, so I get a bit too upset and then get angry at myself for being such an idiot. I kind of compare myself to other girls and feel like I'm doing something wrong.

How can I help him? I love him unconditionally and want to make it work.
    Firstly, ignore the clowns that have posted before me. Honestly, the riffraff comes crawling out of the wood work when they get wind of a question like this...

Secondly, you seem to be aware that it is most likely nothing that you've done. You know he has issues with this from time to time anyway and that this makes it not your fault or about you.

I would honestly try and talk to him to see if there is anything that he is stressed of depressed about. I'm a guy and my libido is naturally pretty low, but even more so when I'm going through a rough patch psychologically.

Just talk to him and see what you can do to help. If he isn't willing to talk about anything or there isn't anything particularly causing this, then all you can do is be there to support him as best you can and go with the motions until it passes. That's the best you can do in some cases, and he will appreciate it even so!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.