Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Invited to paintballing HELP Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I got invited to go paintballing by people I don't even know, Well I got invited by my girlfriend's friend's boyfriend. And meh, I dont really want to go because 1. I dont know them 2.I kinda have bad anxiety when I met new people and I get boring, awkward and shy. Im not saying that I have anxiety to seem "depressed" or cool, I really hate it and it messed up my life. Any advice? should I go? I dont really have friends so I could attempt to make some but then again I've never paintballed before and dont want to be called a noob.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to go, don't go. If you do go, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The basic principle is to shoot the other team while avoiding getting shot yourself.

If you want to try out paintballing, go! For most of it you won't be talking, you'll be shooting them! And if you're worried about awkwardness, sure it will be awkward at first, but afterwards I'm sure you'll have loads to talk about!

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to be this much of a vegetable for everything you do why even live?

The problem with depressed people like yourself is that you assume things will be worse than they actually are. In 99% of cases you will end up surprised at how things went completely different to your expectation.

Paintballing is extremely captivating and fun. So fun people become too tired to even talk. And seriously noone has time to notice your skill. Even if they did - so what?

At least become more brave and social for your girlfriend. Don't be that boyfriend with no friends other than his gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayyylmao69)
    So I got invited to go paintballing by people I don't even know, Well I got invited by my girlfriend's friend's boyfriend. And meh, I dont really want to go because 1. I dont know them 2.I kinda have bad anxiety when I met new people and I get boring, awkward and shy. Im not saying that I have anxiety to seem "depressed" or cool, I really hate it and it messed up my life. Any advice? should I go? I dont really have friends so I could attempt to make some but then again I've never paintballed before and dont want to be called a noob.
    I don't think anyone will be bothered if you're a noob and if you do paintballing, the pain of getting hit will quickly make you not bothered about meeting new people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.