Poll: What dt should i take
Textiles (0)
0%
Food Technology (0)
0%
Resistant Materials (0)
0%
Graphics (0)
0%
crisy1706
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
#1
I'm in year 9 and our school says that dt is compulsory. should I take graphics. I'm not that arty and I can't draw. I was thinking of food or textiles but I can't make up my want. I like cooking but I hate the teacher. I'm really not good at resistant materials. My mum wants me to take graphics. Which one should I do?(Vote in the poll)
0
reply
similarBlank
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#2
Report 4 years ago
#2
No.
0
reply
ben2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#3
Report 4 years ago
#3
What's the exam board and specific name of the GCSE (e.g AQA Graphic products) you're talking about?
0
reply
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#4
Report 4 years ago
#4
I don't know how similar this is as I'm from Scorland and did standard fades but I did graphics and I thought it was awful, depends on the person though
0
reply
crisy1706
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#5
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
#5
I'm not sure if its aqa or edexcel
0
reply
ben2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#6
Report 4 years ago
#6
(Original post by crisy1706)
I'm not sure if its aqa or edexcel
Well I'm taking AQA Graphic products and I'd say it's a good subject to take if you enjoy drawing.

60% of the GCSE is coursework (which is mostly designing a product) and the other 40% is the written exam, which is probably one of the least stressful exams I've come across (assuming you enjoy drawing).

Here's a past paper to give you an idea of what the written exam is like
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...1-QP-JUN14.PDF
0
reply
Professor L
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#7
Report 4 years ago
#7
I did AQA graphics and I loved it! Since you could choose the theme of your project out of twelve (I think), it was quite enjoyable. I chose to make a board game It's really good if you like making stuff, but I don't know whether it's for you as quite a bit of the coursework (and exam) is drawing stuff :dontknow:. The 2014 past paper that's been mentioned by ben2000 is the one I did and the question I remember clearly was 2a, a barcode is a series of black strips of different widths, it makes me laugh how that's even an exam question XD
0
reply
vaneskara
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#8
Report 4 years ago
#8
It's a fun subject when you start off but gets extremely stressful. I'm doing it right now and I find so much of my time is spent doing my graphics work that I'm not getting time to revise other subjects. I thought it'd be a creative outlet but a lot of it is writing and research and it's not even fully about how artistic you are, but about how your portfolio looks and how you evaluate your product etc. Everyone in my graphics class (that's 30 people) regrets choosing it for GCSE. If you really want to do it, go for it, but remember it will take so, so much time and patience and effort so only do it if you'll be fully dedicated.
0
reply
crisy1706
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#9
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
#9
(Original post by ben2000)
Well I'm taking AQA Graphic products and I'd say it's a good subject to take if you enjoy drawing.

60% of the GCSE is coursework (which is mostly designing a product) and the other 40% is the written exam, which is probably one of the least stressful exams I've come across (assuming you enjoy drawing).

Here's a past paper to give you an idea of what the written exam is like
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...1-QP-JUN14.PDF
Sounds like i'm doing AQA from the option talk. thx a lot
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (43)
32.58%
No (68)
51.52%
Don't know (21)
15.91%

Watched Threads

View All