Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by InadequateJusticex;[url="tel:62658287")
    62658287[/url]]I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about the flat directly since your mum is not legally part of the contract (from what it seems like in your post).

    However, if you could get your dad arrested for domestic violence, then you stand a better chance of getting it back. Does your dad get violent with your cousins, or just your mum?

    You could also wait a year and if your cousins try to overstay their visa, report them (they sound like awful people anyway, so don't feel too remorseful).
    Yes. But I heard that the police will be able to give us a new home. So I'm thinking, is the flat going to my father in the end? He got the flat for the family only for him to keep it in the end for his relatives. These relatives have no respect for my mum- blamed her for her miscarriage, took her money and praised my dad for lending it to them, insulted my mum and my brother. My brother had an incident with my first cousin where he swore at her just jokingly on a messenger app and she took offence and my bro was only 9? That side of the family didn't like him as much since then, especially my cousin (really unreasonable and unfair when my brother was young).

    You don't have a legal leg to stand on with the flat it seems, regardless of how unfair it is. If you still seem unsure and don't understand your options I recommend you contact citizens advice bureau who will be far more knowledgeable and able to help than us.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.