Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair dyes Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never dyed my hair before but I've been feeling inspired. So... I want to dye my hair a two dark purple and light purple. My hair is currently a medium brown with subtle hints of red. Which hair dyes are the best to use?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend directions hair dye as they're affordable, good quality and you can keep them sealed and use them again after they have been open (unlike a lot of hair dyes).

However chances are, especially for the lighter purple shades you will to need bleach at least some of your hair in order to get the desired colour. As you cannot dye a lighter colour on top of a darker one, it just won't show.

Some pictures of what your hair currently looks like and what you want your hair to look like would help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.