Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is uni better than a job or apprenticeship? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is uni worth it? In the four years of uni you could have earned like 60k in a job in total.

ReputationRep:
    It honestly depends on the individual and what kind of career you want to get into but all are valid options that should be considered

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want a certain career then having a degree will help.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at business stuff c;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    Is uni worth it? In the four years of uni you could have earned like 60k in a job in total.
    apparently you cant do an apprenticeship if your attending or have attended uni though. i tried and got turned down

ReputationRep:
    60k over 4 years o.o
    thats such a bad salary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    60k over 4 years o.o
    thats such a bad salary...
    apprenticeships are like 15k a year lol
    where and what are you studying, and what are you expecting to earn? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    apparently you cant do an apprenticeship if your attending or have attended uni though. i tried and got turned down
    one of the ones I applied for said you do the apprenticeship and you can go to uni after and they'll support you but you need to work for them for a few years after or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends on what you want to be. If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer, uni it is. If you want to be an actor or a police officer, uni is not necessary

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the degree you're pursuing, the apprenticeship, and your desired career path.

If you're looking to become a lawyer and you have a law offer from Cambridge, it's probably not the best idea to become an apprentice at Poundland.

ReputationRep:
    one of the ones I applied for said you do the apprenticeship and you can go to uni after and they'll support you but you need to work for them for a few years after or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can you not do both at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    can you not do both at the same time?
    nah, it's full time :c

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Well, it depends on what you want to be. If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer, uni it is. If you want to be an actor or a police officer, uni is not necessary
    I'm not exactly sure- just some sort of business role- analyst, advisor maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.