This discussion is closed.
IZZY!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
I'm 16 (only just) and I go to the gym 3/4 times a week usually. It's not doing me any harm!
kool, i ll try to apply straight after I become 16
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
imasillynarb... i think you need to re-read what u just said.

i was refering to gains in lean muscle - not in lifts.

and whilst you have been lifting more, you have been losing weight... generally the more you lift, the more your muscles grow, but you have actually been losing weight.... hhhmmmm

maybe if u followed a dedicated cut/ bulk programme like every major bobybuilder ever you might make some gains in muscle, instead of just strengh!

whos clueless now? - smart a*s*
pal_sch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know about Narb, but I know I think of strength as more important than muscle mass. Bodybuilding is Ok, but for kids and teens it is just crazy to look like a contestant on the worlds strongest man. I would rather be able to lift large weights than weigh large amounts.
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
true... but he misread what i said and started throwing insults around... it wasn't related to the actual thread i was just correcting the mr no-it-all-geezer.

it all depends on personal taste i suppose, when i started i never wanted to get 'big' but the bigger i get the more i want... its one of those things you will never know unless u try.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (54)
43.55%
Take exams next summer (24)
19.35%
Change uni choice through clearing (30)
24.19%
Apply to uni next year instead (13)
10.48%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.42%

Watched Threads