Am I straight, lesbian or bi? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm an 18 year old female and since the weekend I've been feeling anxious about my sexual orientation. I've been having weird thoughts that maybe I'm gay after my dad made some homophobic comments on the weekend.
I dont know if im bi, straight or a lesbian!

heres a bit about me..
-Virgin, never kissed- I'm shy as I went to a girls schools
-First crush was a guy when I was 8, only ever had crushes on guys which can last for years. When I have a crush on a guy, I imagine having a family, kids etc. Never had a crush on a girl.
-I get nervous around attractive guys. I am nicer to attractive girls as I find them intimidating but I don't get nervous.
-I can acknowledge and stare at a beautiful women, then I feel jealous, I don't feel like I want them.. I want to be them instead.
-I find myself being more empathetic to men as opposed to women.

however...-the thought of doing something sexual with a girl does not make me feel physically sick which made me feel like lesbian
-the thought of being in a relationship with a woman does not repulse me... However I know I wouldn't be able to
-I've watched lesbian 'videos' and got turned on but apparently that's normal for straight women lol

i don't know why but I have had this fear that I'm gay and I can barely concentrate.
Katarvi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sound straight to me. You don't need to feel physically sick at the thought of gay sex to not be gay.. And it's totally normal to be envious of good looking women. If you were a lesbian you wouldn't fancy men or daydream about marrying them.
shawtyb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm an 18 year old female and since the weekend I've been feeling anxious about my sexual orientation. I've been having weird thoughts that maybe I'm gay after my dad made some homophobic comments on the weekend.

heres a bit about me..
-First crush was a guy when I was 8, only ever had crushes on guys which can last for years. When I have a crush on a guy, I imagine having a family, kids etc. Never had a crush on a girl.
-I get nervous around attractive guys. I am nicer to attractive girls as I find them intimidating but I don't get nervous.
-I can acknowledge and stare at a beautiful women, then I feel jealous, I don't feel like I want them.. I want to be them instead.

however...-the thought of doing something sexual with a girl does not make me feel physically sick which made me feel like lesbian
-the thought of being in a relationship with a woman does not repulse me... However I know I wouldn't be able to
-I've watched lesbian 'videos' and got turned on but apparently that's normal for straight women lol

i don't know why but I have had this fear that I'm gay and I can barely concentrate.
sounds straight to me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Katarvi)
Sound straight to me. You don't need to feel physically sick at the thought of gay sex to not be gay.. And it's totally normal to be envious of good looking women. If you were a lesbian you wouldn't fancy men or daydream about marrying them.
I just have a fear of not knowing at I am...

Also the thought of marrying or sleeping a woman doesn't bother me :s

But then I've NEVER had a crush on a woman!
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

heres a bit about me..

Hey, first of all, while I understand that it's difficult, don't stress about your sexual orientation, you are what you are and there's no shame in that! I've been in your position constantly worrying about it and it's honestly not worth it, you aren't hurting anyone and as difficult as I'm sure it is to be around homophobia, you shouldn't try to change yourself to suit ignorance. I don't know how helpful this'll be but only you know who you're into, imagine who you want to be with and who you don't, I know it's confusing but deep down you might know and if not, you'll figure it out eventually I'm gay and I had crushes on guys all throughout school but I don't know how much that relates to your situation as I said , only you know how you feel about guys and girls. As for not being repulsed by the thought of being with a girl, that definitely does not mean you fancy girls, I'm honestly not repulsed by the thought of guys but I know it's not for me lol. I hope this kind of helped in some way
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blondie987)
Hey, first of all, while I understand that it's difficult, don't stress about your sexual orientation, you are what you are and there's no shame in that! I've been in your position constantly worrying about it and it's honestly not worth it, you aren't hurting anyone and as difficult as I'm sure it is to be around homophobia, you shouldn't try to change yourself to suit ignorance. I don't know how helpful this'll be but only you know who you're into, imagine who you want to be with and who you don't, I know it's confusing but k deep down you might know and if not, you'll figure t out eventually I'm gay and I had crushes on guys all throughout school but I don't know how much that relates to your situation as I said , only you know how you feel about guys and girls. As for not being repulsed by the thought of being with a girl, that definitely does not necessarily mean you fancy girls, I'm honestly not repulsed by the thought of guys but I know it's not for me lol. I hope Thai kind of helped in some way
Thanks

Oh, you has crushes but your still gay, I always thought gay people didn't get crushes on the opposite sex. I'm guessing these crushes were emotional? The thing is I've thought of sex with these guys so maybe that's were it's different.
Katarvi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

How old are you? You're definitely not gay by the sounds of it so you don't need to worry there (not that you would need to). Does it really matter having a label though? You fancy whoever you fancy in life, if it's a guy then great, if it's a girl, great. If you've never had a crush on a woman it may be likely you're straight but it depends how old you are, could be you haven't met any women you've been sexually attracted to yet. We can't tell you what sexual orientation you are for certain, only you will know that given more time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Katarvi)
How old are you? You're definitely not gay by the sounds of it so you don't need to worry there (not that you would need to). Does it really matter having a label though? You fancy whoever you fancy in life, if it's a guy then great, if it's a girl, great. If you've never had a crush on a woman it may be likely you're straight but it depends how old you are, could be you haven't met any women you've been sexually attracted to yet. We can't tell you what sexual orientation you are for certain, only you will know that given more time.
I'm 18 so I feel like that's old enough. I can't imagine liking a woman..
Blondie987
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks

Oh, you has crushes but your still gay, I always thought gay people didn't get crushes on the opposite sex. I'm guessing these crushes were emotional? The thing is I've thought of sex with these guys so maybe that's were it's different.
Yeah they were definitely more emotional than anything else, when I say crushes it was much more likely the idea of having a boyfriend or something, if you've actually enjoyed the idea of being involved with them then I'd guess you're definitely interested in guys and if you haven't had these thoughts about girls then I'd guess you're straight but like I said, don't stress!
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You sound more straight than anything else.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blondie987)
Yeah they were definitely more emotional than anything else, when I say crushes it was much more likely the idea of having a boyfriend or something, if you've actually enjoyed the idea of being involved with them then I'd guess you're definitely interested in guys and if you haven't had these thoughts about girls then I'd guess you're straight but like I said, don't stress!
Yeah I've never had these thoughts about girls

Thanks !
Mactotaur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I'd recommend looking into the Kinsey Scale. It'll give you a better, more accurate label than any you've listed so far.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mactotaur)
I'd recommend looking into the Kinsey Scale. It'll give you a better, more accurate label than any you've listed so far.
I've done it and I got a 1 but I just wanted others opinions
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sexuality is a spectrum , the 'classifications' of sexuality are just where individuals / groups want to put marks on the scale

OP sounds fairly hetero with a bit of bicuriousity; which is where a fair proprtion of the population are (even if they don't necessarily admit it to themselves)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NicolexXxLouise)
Please stop worrying, getting turned on by women does not make you a lesbian. Many straight women fantasise about other women and this is totally normal!

We all feel envious from time to time but that's normal too 😊

What comments has your dad made that have made you feel that way?
Mentioning how I don't have a boyfriend and maybe I'm gay, and just general homophobic comments. :/
shawtyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
iv just done it and got a 4
Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual.
JPO92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

heres a bit about me..

YOU have to decide your sexuality. It belongs to you, it is individual to you. Telling people facts about your life and asking them to decide for you is wrong. The bottom line is that your sexuality is your own business, nobody elses.

Be who you were meant to be, not what others think you ought to be.
Mactotaur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shawtyb)
iv just done it and got a 4
Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual.
That tells a lot more about you than simply saying bisexual, don't you think?
shawtyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That tells a lot more about you than simply saying bisexual, don't you think?
it does but iv been with more men then women and im in a good male-female relationship with my bf
TheAmazingETF
Badges: 7
Report 3 years ago
You're probably <Insert load of sexual orientation tags>

Call yourself whatever floats your boat OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads