Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You might wonder why I'm asking about 2nd and 3rd year accomodation when I haven't even accepted my offer yet. I'll be moving 4 hours away to Bournemouth, and costs is a big thing I need to consider.
    How much is the average accomodation in 2nd and 3rd year accomodation including bills? Everything seems expensive down in Bournemouth, I'm currently considering Lincoln, Sheffield and Liverpool which all have accomodation in 2nd year for £70 a week while Bournemouth seems to be double so worrying as Bournemouth is my perfect place!! 😩

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachxalton,

I'm a first year student studying Computing/Forensic Computing & Security. Unfortunately Bournemouth is quite expensive but the place is fantastic and looks great when it's sunny!

The house that I'm living in next year, we're going to be paying £90 excluding bills per week so I can imagine it will be around £115-120 including bills depending on how many you live with. The lowest I've seen in Bournemouth is around £82.50 per week but the house was disgusting and really outdated.

Will you be a first year student? Or continuing your studies at Bournemouth University?

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachxalton)
    You might wonder why I'm asking about 2nd and 3rd year accomodation when I haven't even accepted my offer yet. I'll be moving 4 hours away to Bournemouth, and costs is a big thing I need to consider.
    How much is the average accomodation in 2nd and 3rd year accomodation including bills? Everything seems expensive down in Bournemouth, I'm currently considering Lincoln, Sheffield and Liverpool which all have accomodation in 2nd year for £70 a week while Bournemouth seems to be double so worrying as Bournemouth is my perfect place!! 😩

Thank you
    Hi Rachxalton

My name is Amy and I am third year uni student at BU (and a student ambassador).

RE accommodation: it is kinda expensive. But if you are willing to shop around and get started early you should be able to find a good deal. Don't be put off by being further out from the campus. You can come across some really good deals if you move slightly further out.

was there anything specific you wanted to know about? Personally the rents are ok so long as you have saved up some money to go on top of your student finance/ earn some income. But that is only really needed in third year when student finance drops down a bit.

Amy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachxalton)

Thank you
    Hi Rachxalton,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student studying Business Studies with Strategic HRM at BU. I'm also a Student Ambassador!

I've lived in private lettings since coming to Bournemouth. I moved here from Kent, so about 3 hours away! I do agree with you that Bournemouth is expensive. I've averaged at about £110-£120 a week including all my utilities across the four years I've been living here (I stayed here on placement too because I love it so much!).

Although you do pay for it, Bournemouth is genuinely such a great place to live. I must say, you can get cheaper weekly costs compared to where I rent. I've paid more for a flat in a relatively new building that has insulation and other perks that could be solved with a few blankets!

Hope that helps!

Steve Moss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.