Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How is the computer science and artificial intelligence course? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    A question to anyone who does computer science at Sussex, specifically with artificial intelligence. How have you, or are you finding the course? Would really love to here about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ludd-sama)
    A question to anyone who does computer science at Sussex, specifically with artificial intelligence. How have you, or are you finding the course? Would really love to here about it.
    My boyfriend does Computer Science with artificial intelligence.
    He loves it, but has to work really hard. Theres a lot of coding and maths involved, so you need to be prepared for that.
    As far as I can tell, there's a lot of coding exercises and reports to do for the computer science side of thing, and then for artificial intelligence its more like essays, or coding basic AI to play against you in a checkers game (that sort of thing).
    Theres a really good atmosphere among computer science students, they all chill out together in the computer lab, sometimes they order pizza to the lab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatsyM)
    My boyfriend does Computer Science with artificial intelligence.
    He loves it, but has to work really hard. Theres a lot of coding and maths involved, so you need to be prepared for that.
    As far as I can tell, there's a lot of coding exercises and reports to do for the computer science side of thing, and then for artificial intelligence its more like essays, or coding basic AI to play against you in a checkers game (that sort of thing).
    Theres a really good atmosphere among computer science students, they all chill out together in the computer lab, sometimes they order pizza to the lab.
    Thanks! that was really helpful, especially considering you don't actually do the course 😂. Do you by any chance know how he's finding the lecturers and general teaching? and what kinda coursework/projects has he been assigned?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.