The Student Room Group

Women of tsr

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Maybe and yeah. I want a family, wouldn't really get the point of life otherwise. Got to have something other than a job.
Original post by Hydeman
Has something changed in the last few days? :s-smilie:

Loool aspiring to be a wife and mother?
Eff that I have diseases to find the cure of :lol:

Family should go on the side :L
Original post by enaayrah
Loool aspiring to be a wife and mother?
Eff that I have diseases to find the cure of :lol:

Family should go on the side :L

Just the mother bit. xD You just seemed a bit down about your reproductive prospects a few days ago, that's all. :smile:
Original post by Blue_Mason
Do you aspire to get married and have children?

I'd love to get married and have kids someday, but it depends on whether I meet the right person tbh.
Marriage is a waste of money, and unnecessary.

I want kids though.
Reply 45
Original post by futbol
Let me know if you want to make those dreams a reality :wink: :worm2:

:giggle:
Original post by ivy.98
Maybe and yeah. I want a family, wouldn't really get the point of life otherwise. Got to have something other than a job.

I completely agree. Having a good career is one of my main goals, but without a family, my life would be empty. I don't want my life to revolve around a job, and I want to leave behind a legacy when I die. :cry2:

Career will come first in my twenties, but after that, my family. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you aspire to marry and have children, and it doesn't make you a bad woman if you say so.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Could be mistaken, and don’t want to offend anyone, but I'd be surprised if many of those posting ‘no’ meet with the following relevant criteria:

Finished with their studies/21+ (marriageable age)

Curvy and able to attract alpha males with whom they can form stable relations (guys who inspire broody feelings)

Totally straight (naturally aligned with the desire/capacity to mate)

Not ardent feminists (naturally disposed to being open minded about playing feminine/maternal gender roles)

Someone’s changed her tune :mmm:

Only beta guys will tend to be prepared to marry a girl who isn’t committed to raising a family with him it’s ostensively the reason matrimony exists after all (despite whatever hippies/atheists may tell you)

Due to infant health concerns?

Has someone proposed/is someone going to?

You’d have kiddywinkles out of wedlock?

Being a productive/pro-social member of society and/or enhancing the quality of the lives of those close to you wouldn’t be enough? Either of those things are enough for me; indeed just having my health is something I consider a blessing, and I look upon creating life as something of a bonus, and protecting/cultivating thge young, a very serious responsibility (I’m old fashioned like that) :u:

I feel you on the monies front, but it need not be all that expensive. My ex-best mate had a wedding on the cheap, with the reception at our place, and good times were had by all :beer:

Spoiler

I have?
Aside from my career I would love to start a family of my own. By all means I want to be successful and earn as much money as I can prior to nurturing my children and enabling them to have a secure and happy future.

Family is very important to me and it comes above everything, is that so wrong?

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Not my priority tbh and I doubt it will be until I'm stable in all aspects
Original post by Foo.mp3

Perhaps not the best idea to leave child rearing e.g. till your 30's :holmes:

Why? I know it's supposed to be biologically better to have kids in your twenties, but not everyone is ready then for one reason or another. Waiting till early thirties should still be fine, which is what I might do as I have some more travel adventures to go on :yep:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Could be mistaken, and don’t want to offend anyone, but I'd be surprised if many of those posting ‘no’ meet with the following relevant criteria:

Curvy and able to attract alpha males with whom they can form stable relations (guys who inspire broody feelings)

Not ardent feminists (naturally disposed to being open minded about playing feminine/maternal gender roles)

Only beta guys will tend to be prepared to marry a girl who isn’t committed to raising a family with him it’s ostensively the reason matrimony exists after all (despite whatever hippies/atheists may tell you.

I've always wanted kids in the past, it's just lately I've been more fluid on the matter. If my future husband wants them then I'm happy to have them, but if he doesn't I'd probably be equally as happy without. The world is effed anyway, idk if bringing more kids into it will help any.
Yeah, I definitely want children in the future - far in the future, but in the future. :laugh: And I do want to get married, although I can't pinpoint an exact reason ...

Original post by z33
yes to marriage
children, maybe

fam when I'm constipated I look like

so how the **** am i gonna get this out?!

ARE YOU MAD?!?

:rofl:

i'm crying

ilysm omg
Original post by acupofgreentea
I do want to get married

But, but, what about feminism?! :eek:
Original post by Hydeman
But, but, what about feminism?! :eek:

If men can get married, so can I. :colonhash:

... in all seriousness, I couldn't even tell you why I want to get married, but I do. I'm gonna add it to the list of things that makes me a bad feminist (like that time I totally didn't watch Fifty Shades out of curiosity, nope). :laugh:

Do you want to get married? I'm always interested in how athiests view the whole thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
What about the rest of your family, the offspring of your siblings/close friends, and partners/pets, and what of your social/environmental legacy? :beard:

I guess they will be my legacy too, but it's not the same; my children will be a part of me and my hubby and no one else. :h: Social legacy... Well I don't think I will leave much of that behind; I'm a recluse you see :lol: Environmental legacy? I'm not sure what you mean by that

Perhaps not the best idea to leave child rearing e.g. till your 30's :holmes:

I want to travel many places, enjoy being young, be financially secure, with a stable career before I have children. Many women have children in their early to mid thirties, so I don't consider it an issue.

It beggars belief that people actually have to say this these days, as if to justify the basis for a sustainable family unit, never mind society :rolleyes:

Definitely agree. It's quite sad really; I just believe many women feel as if they conform to traditional gender roles (wanting children and marriage), they will be seen as weak and not "independent women". Also, people seem to think they can either have a successful career and no family or a mediocre career and family, which of course is untrue.
not sure about marriage but having a kid would be nice. Although right now I can barely look after myself, so I'm not sure how I'd cope with a child too.

But it still really cute watching funny baby videos, or those tearjerker adverts about babies. Yeah it would be cute to have a child - can't really imagine the stress though. It's nice to dream I suppose.
I want to travel & have a career I love. My parents are telling me that I MUST get married & I MUST have children. Getting married isn't a big priority for me. But I love kids, so I'd like to adopt them & thankfully I don't need a man to do that.
Original post by acupofgreentea
If men can get married, so can I. :colonhash:

But, but, men are privileged scum! :eek:

(like that time I totally didn't watch Fifty Shades out of curiosity, nope). :laugh:

Well, hello there. :sexface:

Do you want to get married? I'm always interested in how athiests view the whole thing.

Spoiler

I used to be very anti-marriage but I've recently become more inclined towards wanting to get married and have a traditional family. :smile: I do have a number of issues that I need to resolve first though, so I can only see myself getting married in my late twenties or early thirties at the earliest (I'm 19 now). :beard:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3

Someone’s changed her tune :mmm:

Only beta guys will tend to be prepared to marry a girl who isn’t committed to raising a family with him it’s ostensively the reason matrimony exists after all (despite whatever hippies/atheists may tell you)

Due to infant health concerns?

Has someone proposed/is someone going to?

You’d have kiddywinkles out of wedlock?

Being a productive/pro-social member of society and/or enhancing the quality of the lives of those close to you wouldn’t be enough? Either of those things are enough for me; indeed just having my health is something I consider a blessing, and I look upon creating life as something of a bonus, and protecting/cultivating thge young, a very serious responsibility (I’m old fashioned like that) :u:

I feel you on the monies front, but it need not be all that expensive. My ex-best mate had a wedding on the cheap, with the reception at our place, and good times were had by all :beer:

Spoiler

And because babies are just... :love:

Quick Reply