The Student Room Group

Post-Interview Oxford (Integrated Immunology)

Hi!

I just had my Interview for Integrated Immunology at Oxford! It is the perfect program for me, and I really hope I get in. And I wanted to know, is the interview the most crucial part? Will it all come down to my performance today?

I was extremely nervous! And half-way in they asked me about a section that, although basic, I had not covered since over a year ago! And adding the stress to that! I feel that I didn't perform at my best...

Is anyone here doing the program right now? If yes, I would like to hear how was your interview and if you believe it was the main factor that got you accepted?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ClaraEP
Hi!

I just had my Interview for Integrated Immunology at Oxford! It is the perfect program for me, and I really hope I get in. And I wanted to know, is the interview the most crucial part? If my grades are good, my CV, my personal statement... will it all come down to my performance today?

I was extremely nervous! And half-way in they asked me about a section of Immunology that, although basic, I had not covered since over a year ago! And adding the stress to that! I feel that I didn't perform at my best...

Is anyone here doing the program right now? If yes, I would like to hear how was your interview and if you believe it was the main factor that got you accepted?

Hey I have also applied for the course, haven't heard anything yet, are you predicted a first? How was it, what did they ask?

Also when did you get an email offering you the interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Argh, I had the same thing happen yesterday.. i would love to do this course but stumbled on a basic question yesterday :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Rooneyone
Argh, I had the same thing happen yesterday.. i would love to do this course but stumbled on a basic question yesterday :frown:

Ahhh... lets not loose hope! But then again, the wait is hard and painful :frown:
Reply 4
Oh absolutely!!! Good luck!! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Rooneyone
Oh absolutely!!! Good luck!! :smile:

By the way, if I may ask, have you heard from others, is the Interview the major part of the decision? Or will our interview/grades/statement/letters all be considered together post-interview :smile:
Reply 6
I haven't heard directly but based on looking at this forum before i saw people who said they got some questions wrong and told at the end of the interview how competitive it is getting offered places! So im guessing an overall picture must be formed. *hoping.
i really wish I had represented myself properly at the interview but i think everyone will be nervous, (We already know at least one other had a similiar experience), have you heard anything?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ImmPassion11
Hi!

I just had my Interview for Integrated Immunology at Oxford! It is the perfect program for me, and I really hope I get in. And I wanted to know, is the interview the most crucial part? Will it all come down to my performance today?

I was extremely nervous! And half-way in they asked me about a section that, although basic, I had not covered since over a year ago! And adding the stress to that! I feel that I didn't perform at my best...

Hey,

Congrats on getting the interview. The academic records and personal statement are more important. They know that the applicants will be nervous in the interview so don't worry!

I was a nervous wreck in my interview so don't worry. PM me if you have any specific queries!
Reply 8
Im on the wait list.
Hi all! I am applying next year, and would appreciate any tips concerning the application process! Here are some questions, if you mind answering even some of them, I'd be really grateful. Thank you and congrats to the ones who got in!

- what kind of questions did they ask in the interview?
- did you go to Oxford for the interview or did you have it online?
- if English is not your mother language and you did the required English test, what results did you get?
- what have you studied before?
- what's your GPA/average grade?

Well I have a million questions on my mind, but let's start with these.. :smile:
Reply 10
I know the answer on the third question!
Yes, you will have to do IELTS and score 7.0 overall (and at least 7.0 in each section) or TOEFL (a score of 110/120)
Hi all! I am applying next year, any tips? :smile: What kind of questions did they ask in the interview? Congrats to all who got in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending