Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi guys

I need to do a teaching session on embryology (I'm specifically doing the folding bit) but I want to understand the process from the formation of germ layers to the folding. I want to understand it pretty well.

I am looking for any recommendations of websites/books/videos etc - (I tried khans academy but it didn't go as far into the process as I wanted)

any help is much appreciated!!!
Woody.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The folding bit? That's a significant chunk of embryology. At UCL we used 'The Embryonic Disk' which served our purposes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Woody.)
The folding bit? That's a significant chunk of embryology. At UCL we used 'The Embryonic Disk' which served our purposes.
Give an account of the process of neurulation and formation of the neural tubeDescribe the consequences of abnormal neurulation and neural tube defects and how these may be prevented
Give an account of the origin of neural crest cells and their derivatives
Describe the consequences of abnormal neural crest cell development
Give an account of folding of the trilaminar embryonic disc in the craniocaudal and lateral axesDescribe ventral wall defects and how they occur.
Understand and be able to label diagrams of the embryo from week 1 to week 4 of development

Those are the objectives above that I want to cover. But more importantly, I don't understand trilaminar embroyonic disc folding in both the planes.. and I need to!
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi guys

I need to do a teaching session on embryology (I'm specifically doing the folding bit) but I want to understand the process from the formation of germ layers to the folding. I want to understand it pretty well.

I am looking for any recommendations of websites/books/videos etc - (I tried khans academy but it didn't go as far into the process as I wanted)

any help is much appreciated!!!
I assume you have Langmans? Because that is the bible when it comes to embryology.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ForestCat)
I assume you have Langmans? Because that is the bible when it comes to embryology.
okay. thanks. will check this book out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads