Thea Hartman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I've got offers for English/ English and Creative Writing at Southampton, UEA and Newcastle and I can't make up my mind! I could really use advice in terms of academic performance, interdisciplinary opportunities, uni life...
Don'tworryME
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For your subject UEA is miles ahead of the other two but overall Southampton is better by a big margin academically and in terms of reputation. All 3 will be good for uni life, i would go to Southampton if i was you.
Thea Hartman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Don'tworryME)
For your subject UEA is miles ahead of the other two but overall Southampton is better by a big margin academically and in terms of reputation. All 3 will be good for uni life, i would go to Southampton if i was you.
Thank you for your advice, I am considering Southampton for the same reasons!
Don'tworryME
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thea Hartman)
Thank you for your advice, I am considering Southampton for the same reasons!
Yeah, Southampton is just on a different level!
thenationalhealth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you seen the extensive list of graduates from UEA's creative writing courses? It is synonymous with UEA! I'm hoping to go this event next month in London to hear some of the successful young writers talk about how the course set them up for story writing
https://www.uea.ac.uk/events/-/uea-l...ing-of-writing

In terms of UEA it is also one of the best universities in the country for student satisfaction, and Southampton & UEA are pretty comparable in league tables overall. I think you've got to go somewhere you're happiest as well as respectable. UEA does both those things, and Norwich is beautiful. Ideal for creativity!
Thea Hartman
Rep:
?
(Original post by thenationalhealth)
Have you seen the extensive list of graduates from UEA's creative writing courses? It is synonymous with UEA! I'm hoping to go this event next month in London to hear some of the successful young writers talk about how the course set them up for story writing
https://www.uea.ac.uk/events/-/uea-l...ing-of-writing

In terms of UEA it is also one of the best universities in the country for student satisfaction, and Southampton & UEA are pretty comparable in league tables overall. I think you've got to go somewhere you're happiest as well as respectable. UEA does both those things, and Norwich is beautiful. Ideal for creativity!
Thank you very much, I have heard of the Creative Writing course at UEA, but I am also inclined towards literary criticism, and the wide range of modules Southamoton offers might suit me better from this standpoint. I know about the lecture and it does sound amazing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?