Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girl that likes my boyfriend is always at his house Watch

Announcements

So there is a girl who liked my boyfriend for over a year, she made attempts to get with him and succeeded before him and I were together. A few months into our relationship she stayed at his house drunk and they almost got together again. He promised they won't talk again.

The issue is my boyfriends best friend and this girl are best friend so spend a lot of time together. I obviously have an issue with my boyfriend being around her, but it turns out next year he decided to live with his best friend meaning this girl will practically live there too (she is over constantly). i explained my issue to my boyfriend but he called me unreasonable and controlling and that he won't be choosing somewhere else just because i am not happy with it (he was originally getting a studio alone).

I don't think I'm being unreasonable since she likes him and they got together recently drunk..i looked past it but i wouldn't be okay with her in his house all the time. I'm stuck on what to do because i don't want to end it but he doesn't seem to see my issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there is a girl who liked my boyfriend for over a year, she made attempts to get with him and succeeded before him and I were together. A few months into our relationship she stayed at his house drunk and they almost got together again. He promised they won't talk again.

The issue is my boyfriends best friend and this girl are best friend so spend a lot of time together. I obviously have an issue with my boyfriend being around her, but it turns out next year he decided to live with his best friend meaning this girl will practically live there too (she is over constantly). i explained my issue to my boyfriend but he called me unreasonable and controlling and that he won't be choosing somewhere else just because i am not happy with it (he was originally getting a studio alone).

I don't think I'm being unreasonable since she likes him and they got together recently drunk..i looked past it but i wouldn't be okay with her in his house all the time. I'm stuck on what to do because i don't want to end it but he doesn't seem to see my issue
    ??? Does this mean what I think it does.

Dump him on the spot, calling you controlling is just a way of excusing his **** behaviour

ReputationRep:
    hes a poo face dump him

ReputationRep:
    Considering a few months into the relationship he nearly left you for her and has recently gotten with her while drunk I think you need to gather some self respect and leave him.

it's pretty obvious they're probably going to get together again regardless of who he ends up living with.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by "they almost got together again"? What happened and how do you know this? You said she succeeded in getting with him before you both were together, does this mean they slept together or they were a proper couple? Why did it end/stop etc?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I would generally have no issue with my boyfriend having female friends, living with a female friend, etc. But I wouldn't be happy with this.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a new boyfriend!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as other posters have pointed out, you need to clarify what you mean by 'they got together recently drunk'.

But, personally, no matter what you reply to that question, I would not be happy at all (If I was in your shoes).

In fact, assuming the best case scenario that they were only just drunk together, I would still feel uncomfortable because of what happened last time they were drunk together...

ReputationRep:
    he may still have feelings for her
    • TSR Support Team

He's the one sounding unreasonable here, think you deserve better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.