Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good revision resources for AQA Classics A2 for Greek Tragedy or Tiberius and Claudius?

ReputationRep:
    have a look at the resources on the student room.
    look at past questions.
    examiner reports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AimeeGleek123)
    have a look at the resources on the student room.
    look at past questions.
    examiner reports.
    I didn't see that many resources on here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always advise my students to use the past papers and specification to make model essay plans (I teach Greek tragedy rather than Tiberius and Claudius). Think about the themes that the specification mentions and try to draw in evidence from all four plays in your essays... that's what examiners are looking for.

Some students make their essays narrative-heavy, which can drag their marks down, i.e. retelling parts of the plays and linking the events rather than the themes. Practicing essay plans and writing essays in timed conditions now should help.

Also, it sounds obvious but make sure that you know the plays really well! The 2015 Greek tragedy exam had a context question on Medea taken from 386-391 which starts with "Well then, suppose them dead. Which city will take me in?". Most students took this to refer to the children, but in fact it is too early in the play to refer to the children and actually refers to Jason and Glauce. This then had a bearing on the 5 mark 'what's just happened?' question and also the 10-mark "how is this in keeping with Medea's character?" question.

Likewise, one of the essays asked about the beginning of the plays and their effectiveness and it was surprising how many answers totally forgot the fact that the Nurse opens Medea...

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.