Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can anyone justify this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mOnFire)
    Jews were all over the Soviet Union even Vladimir Putin said it in a speech at a Jewish Moscow museum that around 80% of Stalin's regime were Jewish DESCENT. Do you understand about the persecution of Christians and how many died under it? No I guess you don't. Just ignorant like most to victimize the Jews for being put into camps where hundreds of thousands died, not millions.

I can even give you photographs of Jews desecrating Christian graves if you like.
    reported
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The article itself explains why..

" Firing Zone 918, which comprises approximately 115 square miles (300 sq km) and was declared restricted by the Israelis in the 1970s."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    if only Hitler just finished them all
    Reported

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Reported
    We'll see how long this takes, my reporting of a thread racist towards Muslims was dealt with in 20mins

I have screenshots, proof, recording. This website needs a no tolerance policy on antisemitism just as anti-Muslim hatred or I fear universities will be reluctant to sponsor them in future, nobody wants to be associated with a hate website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich Rollington)
    We'll see how long this takes, my reporting of a thread racist towards Muslims was dealt with in 20mins

I have screenshots, proof, recording. This website needs a no tolerance policy on antisemitism just as anti-Muslim hatred or I fear universities will be reluctant to sponsor them in future, nobody wants to be associated with a hate website.
    I know, this fool condones the killing and massacre of innocent civilians to feed his inner insecurity, I wonder if he expresses the same views he does on this website irl

ReputationRep:

Have to agree

I'm finding the site is taking a turn for the worse in recent months

hopefully it's just a few sad people multi accounting but it does seem some comments last longer than others

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree

hopefully it's just a few sad people multi accounting but it does seem some comments last longer than others
    Another problem is the refusal to actually deal with the problem with IP bans rather than banning the account and allowing them to come back.

If it cannot protect its userbase from racism, it should not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Another problem is the refusal to actually deal with the problem with IP bans rather than banning the account and allowing them to come back.

If it cannot protect its userbase from racism, it should not exist.
    That or let us openly challenge them more without the risk of falling foul of the rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    I know, this fool condones the killing and massacre of innocent civilians to feed his inner insecurity, I wonder if he expresses the same views he does on this website irl
    As opposed to Nazis who only care about Palestine because they believe their is a global Jewish conspiracy to push multiculturalism so as to destroy 'muh white race'

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to Nazis who only care about Palestine because they believe their is a global Jewish conspiracy to push multiculturalism so as to destroy 'muh white race'
    I suspect his issue is more related to this

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ira...sshairs-415163

Rather than Nazi ideology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    And right-wingers lack morals.

Honestly it's all a bit horrible that in this day and age Israel think it's OK just to destroy peoples homes like that. This is violating human rights and I hope Israel gets some sort of punishment for it, it shouldn't be tolerated.

Also, why are people bringing the Holocaust into this? Whether or not you believe the Holocaust actually happened, it still does not change the fact that Israel has done this.
    That's a pretty inaccurate generalization you've got there.

Lefties act in very extreme/bold ways because they allow their emotions to consume them. They struggle to make sound judgments because of this and are very short sighted. For a leftie there is no bigger picture, everything happens in the moment for them. As a result, lefties are always jumping into action on a whim and this leads to avoidable mistakes being made and people getting hurt. Such responses actually make the problem worse instead of fixing it. Lefties can only think in terms of an ideal or perfect situation, even when this is unrealistic and/or unattainable. They can't see the steps taken to get there or any of the setbacks.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not calling lefties stupid or anything like that. It's just that like most human beings they succumb to the influence of their hormones instead of thinking solely in terms of logic.

Us right-wingers on the other hand tend to act based solely on logic. This is in fact the most efficient way to act and think because it allows you to see the whole picture instead of a blur of emotions. We take a step back and carefully plan our next move before we act and as such we achieve a better outcome than lefties do. Unlike lefties we can think far ahead and can prepare for the consequences of the decisions we make now. Because of this we are able to find long term solutions to problems.

We have a very level-headed approach to these things and because we don't allow our feelings to influence the decisions we make we can often come across as inhumane and emotionless to lefties. This is the assumption you have made about us, but once again you have jumped to a conclusion without taking the time to consider why we might be this way. In reality, we feel the same way about these issues. The difference is that we temper all of our actions with caution and logic instead of diving in head first.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect his issue is more related to this

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ira...sshairs-415163

Rather than Nazi ideology
    During WW2 the Nazis send loads of antisemitic propaganda to the Arab world

Obviously the Nazis hated the Arabs due to the racial component of their ideology, but in many ways the Arabs essentially think like Nazis and export this to other Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree

Okay guys, lets think about this for a second:

Forums should be a place for open discussions, where all views can be expressed regardless of whether they're considered offensive or not. This is the basis of free speech. It doesn't matter if the view of one person offends another. Even if one is based on pure bull the person still has the right to say it. People may not like it, but that doesn't change the fact that the person has the right to say it.

The fact that something offends you is not a valid argument at all. You could be offended by someone saying that they prefer red apples to green apples or something equally weird/stupid. It's entirely subjective so it holds no bearing over the discussion as a whole. The other issue is that people only get offended when a point is raised which challenges or threatens their own views on the subject in question.

In the real world if you participate in a debate and you get upset because someone said something which you didn't agree with you'd be brushed aside and the debate would go on without you. Unfortunately, people always try to brush aside or suppress the opposing point through force if words fail. This seems to be what's going on with the reporting here. In any case, if you are unwilling to accept that some people have views which oppose your own then why are you even here?

As a final point, I should point out that if someone is deliberately offending people for the sake of upsetting them it is totally different. That should be reported as it isn't contributing anything to the discussion and also because it's verbal bullying. However, if someone has said an opinion which offends someone else without the intention of upsetting them then they're merely exercising their right to free speech and should not be reported for it. Before acting rashly people need to consider whether or not this is the case.

That said, I don't agree with what Satoshii has posted. I do however support freedom of speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Okay guys, lets think about this for a second:

Forums should be a place for open discussions, where all views can be expressed regardless of whether they're considered offensive or not. This is the basis of free speech. It doesn't matter if the view of one person offends another. Even if one is based on pure bull the person still has the right to say it. People may not like it, but that doesn't change the fact that the person has the right to say it.

The fact that something offends you is not a valid argument at all. You could be offended by someone saying that they prefer red apples to green apples or something equally weird/stupid. It's entirely subjective so it holds no bearing over the discussion as a whole. The other issue is that people only get offended when a point is raised which challenges or threatens their own views on the subject in question.

In the real world if you participate in a debate and you get upset because someone said something which you didn't agree with you'd be brushed aside and the debate would go on without you. Unfortunately, people always try to brush aside or suppress the opposing point through force if words fail. This seems to be what's going on with the reporting here. In any case, if you are unwilling to accept that some people have views which oppose your own then why are you even here?

As a final point, I should point out that if someone is deliberately offending people for the sake of upsetting them it is totally different. That should be reported as it isn't contributing anything to the discussion and also because it's verbal bullying. However, if someone has said an opinion which offends someone else without the intention of upsetting them then they're merely exercising their right to free speech and should not be reported for it. Before acting rashly people need to consider whether or not this is the case.

That said, I don't agree with what Satoshii has posted. I do however support freedom of speech.
    Forums exist for the communities they serve in this case students. The Forum is allowed to define what it considers acceptable and does have a duty to enforce the rules it has decided to implement.

The idea that it should be a free for all has never been part of the forums reason to exist.

It's simple really, we sign up to the forum and we agree to the rules and at no point does it say the site allows freedom of speech (in fact if you read the term it says quite the opposite)

If people don't like this they don't have to post on the forum.

I agree in the real world it may be different but I can say if someone said what he said about the Jews in the company I work for they would be dismissed because again the company has defined what it considers acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    That's a pretty inaccurate generalization you've got there.

Lefties act in very extreme/bold ways because they allow their emotions to consume them. They struggle to make sound judgments because of this and are very short sighted. For a leftie there is no bigger picture, everything happens in the moment for them. As a result, lefties are always jumping into action on a whim and this leads to avoidable mistakes being made and people getting hurt. Such responses actually make the problem worse instead of fixing it. Lefties can only think in terms of an ideal or perfect situation, even when this is unrealistic and/or unattainable. They can't see the steps taken to get there or any of the setbacks.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not calling lefties stupid or anything like that. It's just that like most human beings they succumb to the influence of their hormones instead of thinking solely in terms of logic.

Us right-wingers on the other hand tend to act based solely on logic. This is in fact the most efficient way to act and think because it allows you to see the whole picture instead of a blur of emotions. We take a step back and carefully plan our next move before we act and as such we achieve a better outcome than lefties do. Unlike lefties we can think far ahead and can prepare for the consequences of the decisions we make now. Because of this we are able to find long term solutions to problems.
    We have a very level-headed approach to these things and because we don't allow our feelings to influence the decisions we make we can often come across as inhumane and emotionless to lefties. This is the assumption you have made about us, but once again you have jumped to a conclusion without taking the time to consider why we might be this way. In reality, we feel the same way about these issues. The difference is that we temper all of our actions with caution and logic instead of diving in head first.

tldr.

The general gist I got from this is that right-wingers consider things with more thought than left-wingers. There is no one-side of politics that considers things more than the other; we all develop our points of views differently and then present them as they are. There are good and bad sides to things, like with immigration, the positives are that it leads to multiculturalism, helping those in need and dealing with a problem head on rather than letting other countries do it, the negatives are overpopulation, threat of attacks like those in mainland Europe and pissing off lefties.

Also, you said about how right-wingers use logic and left-wingers don't. But really, it's more than that. Poorer people would tend to be more left-wing because they will get more in benefits and opportunities (like university). The richer tend to be more right-wing as they wont need to pay as much tax and keep their hard-earned cash. Both sides are logical from their points of view because it gets them more money.

And finally, your last point. You are going to come across as inhumane and emotionless to us if you fail to show the fact that you'd care about the poor, refugees etc. Groups like Britain First show that right-wingers lack any emotion towards British muslims, especially with the video they posted that showed them creating hate in a muslim community despite the fact they were British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)

tldr.

The general gist I got from this is that right-wingers consider things with more thought than left-wingers. There is no one-side of politics that considers things more than the other; we all develop our points of views differently and then present them as they are. There are good and bad sides to things, like with immigration, the positives are that it leads to multiculturalism, helping those in need and dealing with a problem head on rather than letting other countries do it, the negatives are overpopulation, threat of attacks like those in mainland Europe and pissing off lefties.

Also, you said about how right-wingers use logic and left-wingers don't. But really, it's more than that. Poorer people would tend to be more left-wing because they will get more in benefits and opportunities (like university). The richer tend to be more right-wing as they wont need to pay as much tax and keep their hard-earned cash. Both sides are logical from their points of view because it gets them more money.

And finally, your last point. You are going to come across as inhumane and emotionless to us if you fail to show the fact that you'd care about the poor, refugees etc. Groups like Britain First show that right-wingers lack any emotion towards British muslims, especially with the video they posted that showed them creating hate in a muslim community despite the fact they were British.
    What I said is that right wingers tend to see the bigger picture. Poorer people tend to be more left wing because of all the benefits etc, but what they don't consider are the effects that benefits have on the funding for infrastructure. Funding the building of new infrastructure like hospitals and transport facilities is far more important than benefits are. Everyone benefits from new and improved infrastructure, whereas only the poor benefit from the government's handouts while the rich have to fund it all.

Another thing people like to forget is that being born poor doesn't mean you'll die poor and being born rich doesn't mean you'll die rich. Lefties love to go on and on about opportunities, but what they like to forget is that the infrastructure which could be built with the benefits money would provide more opportunities for everyone, not just the rich. Even now without these extra amenities we still have more than enough opportunities to succeed no matter how poor we are. If you spend your time brooding over your situation you'll never improve it and you'll miss every opportunity that comes up. Instead if you're really determined to succeed and you take those opportunities you will end up on top.

No matter how terrible your schooling is you can still get good grades and go to a good university. All you need is curiosity and ambition. You can learn so much from the simplest things like rocks and twigs, they may be ordinary but they can reveal many secrets about the world. Believe it or not, that's actually how I supplemented my education when I was young and went to the worst school in my area - we literally learned nothing, they had us learning the different colors when other schools had their students learning maths! Now, I'm at the top grammar school in the area and am looking to go off to Bristol to study chemical physics next year. None of the other students in my year group went to grammar schools even though we'd had the same rubbish schooling. The difference was that I worked hard and am continuing to work hard to make something of my life while they just accepted their situation and did nothing to change it. That's how the rich became rich and the poor became poor in the first place.

Personally, I think that if you whine about your situation or you give up on trying to improve your life then you don't deserve to become rich or successful. It's hard to feel sorry for those who complain about being poor and then do nothing about it. On the other hand, if you're poor and are working hard to change it then you deserve people's admiration and respect. I can't understand why labor put in the benefits system in the first place. All it does is discourage people from working hard. Besides, why should people who have worked so hard to get where they are pay lazy people's living expenses? Benefits (if you must have them) should go to those who are putting effort into their lives not those who are reluctant to do anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.