The Student Room Group

PGDip Radiotherapy Liverpool /Sheffield

Hi
I'm thinkingof applying to either Liverpool or Sheffield for the PGDip in Radiotherapy. I was just wondering is anyone else considering doing this course/ has anyone done this course already?Just want to know what to expect - I graduated in Biochemistry. How much physics isactually involved? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks N

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi did you end up applying ? I have an offer just seeing if there's any other people with offers on here
Reply 2
Hey
Firstly congrats!
I have just recently applied - I was in two minds after I got my current job but hoping I get a place somewhere

How long did the process take? And have you applied elsewhere?

I applied to Liverpool and Sheffield and have a selection day coming up.
Quite nervous as I have no idea what to expect aaah!
Reply 3
Thank you :smile: i went for an interview in Sheffield in December and found out in March. I think because your interview is later in the process you will find out soonish after . I only applied to Sheffield , good luck for your interview
Reply 4
Original post by Sam1357
Hi did you end up applying ? I have an offer just seeing if there's any other people with offers on here

Hey,

I had an interview at sheffield in January and have been offered a place :smile: what are your choices for the placement?
Reply 5
Original post by Megan2094
Hey,

I had an interview at sheffield in January and have been offered a place :smile: what are your choices for the placement?

Hi, well done . Is yours conditional or unconditional I've kind of had both and a little bit confused haha ? Leeds and Newcastle what about you ?
Reply 6
Original post by Sam1357
Hi, well done . Is yours conditional or unconditional I've kind of had both and a little bit confused haha ? Leeds and Newcastle what about you ?

mine is conditional :smile: Leeds and Hull
Reply 7

Cool mine was conditional on references and the visit day but I did that so it was made unconditional . What degree are you doing At the moment ?
Reply 8
Original post by Sam1357
Cool mine was conditional on references and the visit day but I did that so it was made unconditional . What degree are you doing At the moment ?

so have you already graduated? I'm doing Medical physiology at Leicester
Original post by Sam1357

Hey, I've been offered a place at SHU for this September too! Have you heard anything more about funding by any chance?
Original post by Rosie31795
Hey, I've been offered a place at SHU for this September too! Have you heard anything more about funding by any chance?

Hey, well done :smile: , did you do an undergrad? I'm finishing a biochemistry degree atm. I know that course fees are covered , but unsure about the grant, I know students last year got a 10k grant which I really really hope is maintained.
so have you already graduated? I'm doing Medical physiology at Leicester

Hey , no sorry I haven't already graduated just doing my finals now 😫 Have you heard anymore about funding or welcome packs ?
Original post by Sam1357
Hey , no sorry I haven't already graduated just doing my finals now 😫 Have you heard anymore about funding or welcome packs ?

Hey, no I haven't heard anything other than the potential of £10,000 but they said they won't find out till august I think. They also mentioned something about the NHS bursary for living costs but I don't think we can have that if we do get this £10,000 grant. Nothing really seems to be known about it really. Have you sorted out any accommodation yet or are you waiting to see where you are for the placement? I don't think we will really hear anything more until after we send our results to them.
Original post by Sam1357
Hey, well done :smile: , did you do an undergrad? I'm finishing a biochemistry degree atm. I know that course fees are covered , but unsure about the grant, I know students last year got a 10k grant which I really really hope is maintained.

Thanks! You too :smile: yeah, I'm just about to finish my Biology degree, so we will be from similar backgrounds. I really hope it is too, not sure what Plan B is otherwise haha! Are you planning on living where your placement is or in Sheffield?

Hey! I will be joining you on the course too :smile: not sure if you have been/know the hospital, but I did my departmental visit in Hull and the Oncology centre is absolutely amazing! They have a lot of opportunities there that some of the other placement hospitals don't so enjoy if you get placed there :smile:
Hey! I will be joining you on the course too :smile: not sure if you have been/know the hospital, but I did my departmental visit in Hull and the Oncology centre is absolutely amazing! They have a lot of opportunities there that some of the other placement hospitals don't so enjoy if you get placed there :smile:

Hey, well done on getting an offer. I have never been to the hospital before so that's good to know that it is a good hospital :biggrin: I did my department visit in Sheffield's Weston park hospital. Where have you put to do your placements?
Hey, well done on getting an offer. I have never been to the hospital before so that's good to know that it is a good hospital :biggrin: I did my department visit in Sheffield's Weston park hospital. Where have you put to do your placements?

Thanks, you too! I have put Leeds as my first and Newcastle as my second! As much as I like the hospital in Hull, there aren't any job opportunities for my boyfriend here in his field (currently both studying at University in Hull) and as he is moving with me, the hospital here wouldn't be ideal without commuting from a different city everyday! Or I would have put Hull as a choice I reckon. Are you planning on living in Sheffield?
Thanks, you too! I have put Leeds as my first and Newcastle as my second! As much as I like the hospital in Hull, there aren't any job opportunities for my boyfriend here in his field (currently both studying at University in Hull) and as he is moving with me, the hospital here wouldn't be ideal without commuting from a different city everyday! Or I would have put Hull as a choice I reckon. Are you planning on living in Sheffield?

Oh okay that makes sense :smile: which degree are you doing at the moment? Yeah I think so are you? I'm not sure what I'd do though if i was in hull though that's why I'd prefer to be in Leeds.
Hey, no I haven't heard anything other than the potential of £10,000 but they said they won't find out till august I think. They also mentioned something about the NHS bursary for living costs but I don't think we can have that if we do get this £10,000 grant. Nothing really seems to be known about it really. Have you sorted out any accommodation yet or are you waiting to see where you are for the placement? I don't think we will really hear anything more until after we send our results to them.

Are you going to send your degree transcript in to them ? I agree there isn't much info out about the course. I'm going to have to sort accomodation when I find out where placement is. But I will live where placement is and commute to Sheffield probably
Thanks! You too :smile: yeah, I'm just about to finish my Biology degree, so we will be from similar backgrounds. I really hope it is too, not sure what Plan B is otherwise haha! Are you planning on living where your placement is or in Sheffield?

haha I know I'm just getting my exams out of the way and then I will go on a search for information , I know there's a couple of pre course days in September . And definitely living where placement is ideally I'd get short term lets for both but all contracts seem to be a year long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending