Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Leicester have already got more points the past month than the worst case scenario.

And in such a scenario, Spurs could've leapfrogged them if they won their winnable games and then some more, but so far they've drawn at Anfield. Arsenal at least won their next 2 games, as they need to win all of them and only have 2 serious tests, but Leicester not dropping any points makes that meaningless so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Well I'm not saying they can't deal with pressure!

I'm saying they will still have to deal with it.
    Yea I was just trying to say they probably are dealing with less pressure than usual since they have such a lead. I think Leicester would've buckled if they were one bad result away from being 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea I was just trying to say they probably are dealing with less pressure than usual since they have such a lead. I think Leicester would've buckled if they were one bad result away from being 2nd?
    I get you.
    And I daresay most will agree.
    I disagree though.
    But of course I'm only guessing really.

My thinking is to do with the unusual psychology of this situation.

With any other team (except Spurs) being 7 clear would obviously ease the pressure.

But not with a team who are on the brink of creating sporting history.

Everyone thinks they're going to win it now such that if they lose they will be seen by some as chokers for the rest of their lives etc etc.

It's a very very intriguing situation.

But just my (stupid) opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I get you.
    And I daresay most will agree.
    I disagree though.
    But of course I'm only guessing really.

My thinking is to do with the unusual psychology of this situation.

With any other team (except Spurs) being 7 clear would obviously ease the pressure.

But not with a team who are on the brink of creating sporting history.

Everyone thinks they're going to win it now such that if they lose they will be seen by some as chokers for the rest of their lives etc etc.

It's a very very intriguing situation.

But just my (stupid) opinion.
    I think it's a fair point - most of these players have never been involved with winning a major trophy and are likely not to again.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Zerforax;63985841]I think it's a fair point - most of these players have never been involved with winning a major trophy and are likely not to again.[/QUOT

They're bound to win 3-0 at Sunderland now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think it's a fair point - most of these players have never been involved with winning a major trophy and are likely not to again.
    Kasper Schmeichel once won League Two with Notts County!

ReputationRep:
    Drinky Dinky
    chipped in
    Vard-Vard
    Pong
    Leicester City
    Leicester City

(What's the last line, even I know this is cringe)
    EDIT:

Won. The. League! (Uh-oh)

ReputationRep:
    Stiff Little Fingers how you feeling mate :cool:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nervous as hell - spent the entire match today literally shaking. This seasons been bloody brilliant fun, and I'm enjoying laughing at the spurs wallopers on twitter desperately clinging to some vague sense of superiority (my favourite has to be the "best non-racist team" schtick despite them being one of the fanbases most regularly arrested for racist chanting), but at this point I just want the title to be sewn up so the party can start.

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame you mate I'd be melting if it was us.

BTW what do you think of Demarai Gray? I only saw bits of him at Blues, looked OK against Derby I think it was in their home game. Haven't seen enough to really judge him.

Stiff Little Fingers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not much to judge of him so far - he's generally come on to see games out. Got a decent touch on him looking at the way he killed the ball for Vardys second today, but mostly what's impressed is his intelligence and composure in seeing games out, just gets the ball, holds it up and slows everything down for a bit - more like an old pro in terms of game management than the raw young kid he should be.

One game he's had to properly play is the spurs cup games and he was roasting them comfortably so I'm looking forward to seeing him get a bit more chance to play with abandon rather than his current role

ReputationRep:
    This is the worst time to be saying the title is wrapped up. Wait until West Ham or the huge May Day weekend first. Here's a plausible scenario:

Leicester 0 - 0 West Ham
    Stoke 0 - 1 Spurs

Leicester 1 - 0 Swansea
    Spurs 2 - 0 West Brom

1) Leicester - 76
    2) Spurs - 71

Woah, Leicester nearly have the title wrapped up!

Chelsea 1 - 2 Spurs
    Man Utd 0 - 0 Leicester

1) Leicester - 77
    2) Spurs - 74

Oh...

Leicester 3 - 0 Everton
    Spurs 2 - 1 Southampton

What a rampant display! The title is surely theirs!

Newcastle 0 - 9001 Spurs
    Chelsea 1 - 0 Leicester

1) Spurs 80
    2) Leicester 80

And that's if Leicester remain unbeaten and Spurs win their one tricky game.

ReputationRep:
    Can see Leicester beating west ham, the hammers' three draws have extinguished their champions league pursuit and they'll be happy with 6th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Can see Leicester beating west ham, the hammers' three draws have extinguished their champions league pursuit and they'll be happy with 6th
    Of course we can see Leicester winning, but a draw is also very likely.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Spurs haven't won six successive league games for decades, they won't do it now under the most pressure they've faced in most fans living memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spurs haven't won six successive league games for decades, they won't do it now under the most pressure they've faced in most fans living memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is surely the worst possible season to be making 'certainties' (rather than predictions) based on past performances and records.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    This is surely the worst possible season to be making 'certainties' (rather than predictions) based on past performances and records.
    Particularly if you just trust "stats guys" on social media. Just checked and they won six in a row two months ago.

Still, should we average 1ppg for the remainder of the season then spurs'd need at least 4 wins. Relegation form from us and spurs still need to pull off spectacular form - and we've picked up 94 points from the last 42 games; highly unlikely our form will tail off that badly. And they won't win all of the last five - going to stoke and chelsea? There's a draw in one of those two you'd have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Particularly if you just trust "stats guys" on social media. Just checked and they won six in a row two months ago.

Still, should we average 1ppg for the remainder of the season then spurs'd need at least 4 wins. Relegation form from us and spurs still need to pull off spectacular form - and we've picked up 94 points from the last 42 games; highly unlikely our form will tail off that badly. And they won't win all of the last five - going to stoke and chelsea? There's a draw in one of those two you'd have to say.
    What I wrote earlier was just one possible scenario anyway. The point that it wouldn't be a big shock to see Leicester drop points to West Ham and Man Utd nor Spurs beating Stoke and Chelsea, especially now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Dirty touts.

Tickets for Leicester's final home game of the PL season are being offered for £15,000 a pair through an online re-sale website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Dirty touts.

Tickets for Leicester's final home game of the PL season are being offered for £15,000 a pair through an online re-sale website.
    Viagogo?

I would sell at that price tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.