Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    :laugh: FFS. I'm not mad with anyone, you said it was too early to say the title was done, turns out the title was actually done then (we reached the points tally that would have won it), I made a flippant joke about that. I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of this trying to defend that prediction rather than just having a chuckle about how things planned out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You remembered something someone said 'against' Leicester on a forum from a month ago, and then said the following:

you made the pretty massive mistake

you massively overestimated spurs.

ridiculously outlandish comments

suggesting that we'd collapse without any real justification

you being wrong, again.

laugh at the comments

a decent poster

You meanwhile scrabble around trying to claim you were still right.
    A flippant joke is a sentence said with humour, not several paragraphs demanding I declare how wrong I am with the above quotes. Geez, imagine the mockery I'd have received if I said in April that Leicester would win by 10 points and Spurs would lose 5-1 to Newcastle.

But it's becoming clearer now; it appears the problem is in your use of the word 'prediction'. Saying the title isn't wrapped up isn't a prediction. I'm not predicting Spurs will win it, or even challenge, just that it's reasonably possible. Refer to my previous post for vindication of this view.

ReputationRep:
    lol can we stop this petty bashing and have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    lol can we stop this petty bashing and have fun
    Hopefully all it takes is a plea. Leicester just won the title, Nessum Dorma, the city tour, you'd think he'd be happy.

I'm guessing now he's hunting down all the 'anti-Leicester' posts and hurling abuse at them. Real shame.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)

I'm guessing now he's hunting down all the 'anti-Leicester' posts and hurling abuse at them. Real shame.
    Not even remotely close. You say too early to say the title was done, turns out it was done - I had a laugh at how that panned out. You could have just learned to laugh at yourself rather than scrabbling round to defend that and I'd have not had to go through why it was ridiculous to suggest that 7 points clear with seven to play wasn't a done deal again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not even remotely close. You say too early to say the title was done, turns out it was done - I had a laugh at how that panned out. You could have just learned to laugh at yourself rather than scrabbling round to defend that and I'd have not had to go through why it was ridiculous to suggest that 7 points clear with seven to play wasn't a done deal again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not even replying to what I say, you're just repeating yourself word-for-word like a psychopath rocking in a corner.

I've covered everything, that was the point of doing it all in one post. If you can't find anything to argue with, and if you're going to start being creepy as ****, perhaps it'd be best for your health to move on?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, they couldnt sell out the king power in League 1 or even the championship, so where have all these plastics come from?

Secondly, down the line it goes to forestieri, here's hogg, DEENEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!! DO NOT SCRATCH YOUR EYES

ReputationRep:
    ^ Success on the pitch attracts fans m8

ReputationRep:
    ^ Success on the pitch attracts fans m8
    What you mean to say is success on the pitch attracts two team plastic glory hunters. Ive stuck with watford since we were nearly in administration and now look where we are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WatfordFC_1881)
    What you mean to say is success on the pitch attracts two team plastic glory hunters. Ive stuck with watford since we were nearly in administration and now look where we are
    Have they made any plans to erect a statue memorialising your contribution to their promotion and Premier League success?

ReputationRep:
    Gokhan Inler who did next to nothing at Leicester and still won the PL, I have a feeling he's gonna get more involved next season
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Gokhan Inler who did next to nothing at Leicester and still won the PL, I have a feeling he's gonna get more involved next season
    Not sure.

I imagine he'll edge for a move. He spoke in March that he was "sick" with frustration at the lack of game time he had, and he's missed out on the Switzerland squad for Euro 2016 as a result.

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can't help but think Hodgson would have been better switching Drinkwater and Wilshere last night.

Wilshere is not a defensive midfielder, but Drinkwater is. Arguably, Drinkwater's biggest trait for England is unleashing Vardy. He has a canny knack of knowing where his club mate will be, and regularly threads it through to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Can't help but think Hodgson would have been better switching Drinkwater and Wilshere last night.

Wilshere is not a defensive midfielder, but Drinkwater is. Arguably, Drinkwater's biggest trait for England is unleashing Vardy. He has a canny knack of knowing where his club mate will be, and regularly threads it through to him.
    And Vardy has a canny knack of trying to fall over in the box under minimal contact so Harry Kane can miss more penalties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WatfordFC_1881)
    Yes congratulations on winning the owner lottery. Not quite Thais willing to write off tens of millions of pounds a year in the Championship but a good effort.

ReputationRep:
    Vardy (and wife) have blocked the lookalike on the internets and randomly threatened him telling him not to damage his image. This a year after racially abusing a poor sod, and plenty of 'falls' in the penalty area, I think he's doing that fine by himself.

If he wasn't a footballer he does look like someone who'd batter his pregnant ex and keep a couple of staffies in the back garden (which would be overflowing with weeds and faeces) while going out every Tuesday to collect his benefits before nicking some steaks from the local Co-op.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Vardy (and wife) have blocked the lookalike on the internets and randomly threatened him telling him not to damage his image.
    Hope this features in the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hope this features in the film.
    Jackie Chan can play the abused Asian, it'll be a comedy moment. Maybe write it so it's like a bit in Rush Hour.

And every time he goes out to the pitch, have the sensei from Karate Kid waiting in the tunnel. And every time he parts Vardy with the words "sweep the leg".

ReputationRep:
    Leicester have confirmed they have signed Ziegler. At least he know quite a few of the players from his time at Manchester United such as Simpson, da laet and drinkwater.

ReputationRep:
    The start of the break up? Vardy's release clause met by Arsenal it seems. Leicester already seem to be identifying players to replace their main stars tbf but I'd think Vardy might not be a big loss compared to Kante or Mahrez. If they lost one out of the three then that'd be brilliant for them. Kante's exit rumours have quietened down compared to the start of the summer when Arsenal/Chelsea were rumoured to be in for him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.