Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are GCSE's so difficult? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got D's and E's mainly and had to start from level 2 in my chosen college course which was much easier than GCSE's even when I went onto level 3, it was way easier than GCSE's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it might be because you're doing less subjects

ReputationRep:
    what are you currently doing?

Edit: mayhem again! ffs

ReputationRep:
    What's 'level 3'? :L

ReputationRep:
    Are they difficult? Not to sound rude but I think it's down to the individual's academic ability and willingness to study. I know people who studied really hard but didn't do too great, and others who put minimal effort in whilst achieving mostly As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    it might be because you're doing less subjects
    No that isn't it. At college you choose one subject but within that one subject you study a lot of different units. For example level 2 IT has 6 units but level 3 IT has 18 units.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    What's 'level 3'? :L
    GCSEs are level 2, level 3 is above level 2 for example A levels, level 4+ is at university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    GCSEs are level 2, level 3 is above level 2 for example A levels, level 4+ is at university

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What A levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    They are not difficult if you are prepared to put the work in and actually revise. I am in year 11 and one thing that this year is constantly teaching me is if you want to achieve something you have to get of your backside and actually put some damn work in or you will simply fail. I sat on my backside in year 10 put not as much work in got damn low grade and now managed to get 1A*, 1A, 5B's and 4C's in year 11 after putting some effort into it.

They aren't.

ReputationRep:
    I thought GCSEs were hard, until A levels

ReputationRep:
    They're not that hard really, it's just alot of content knowledge intake in a short space of time. Yes you say for example level 3 ICT has 18 units. But I have 54 units that are just science (I take triple) then all my other units on top, it is WAAAAY more than further education but then again it's not THAT hard or you would do so many subjects in comparison to A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing anything atm-gap year, going uní in september. Never did A levels, did BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    What A levels are you doing?
    Not doing anything atm, gap year. Going uní in September. I never did A levels, did BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.