The Student Room Group

4 a levels? Too late to drop?

I'm doing 4 A levels (A2s) - maths, french, economics and physics. It's pretty late in the year (and i've been debating this for a few months now but can't make myself make a final decision) but I'm thinking of dropping physics. On one hand, I don't see the point of doing 4, if universities don't really mind (I have offers from warwick, ucl and nottingham so far to study economics and called them up, and they all said they don't mind), if it might jeopardise my other grades (probably my biggest worry), and if I'm not particularly passionate about it. On the other hand, I've got this far and I'm not failing it, so if I can do it I guess I might as well continue. Is it too late to drop? What do you advise/suggest? What are the advantages of doing 4 (do employers care)? Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by LaurieHarris
I'm doing 4 A levels (A2s) - maths, french, economics and physics. It's pretty late in the year (and i've been debating this for a few months now but can't make myself make a final decision) but I'm thinking of dropping physics. On one hand, I don't see the point of doing 4, if universities don't really mind (I have offers from warwick, ucl and nottingham so far to study economics and called them up, and they all said they don't mind), if it might jeopardise my other grades (probably my biggest worry), and if I'm not particularly passionate about it. On the other hand, I've got this far and I'm not failing it, so if I can do it I guess I might as well continue. Is it too late to drop? What do you advise/suggest? What are the advantages of doing 4 (do employers care)? Thank you!

Hi,

It absolutely isn't too late to drop!!! Only thing is that if you have already been entered to the exam some schools might charge you the cost of entering you (up to £60 for physics I think) but really if you think it would help you out with your other subjects A*A*A is better then AAAA

Quick Reply

Latest