Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old want to get in a club LEGALLY! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so first of all i dont drink all i want to do is go in the club dance and have a good time with all my older mates whom take snaps of themselves having the time of there lives i dont want to do anything illegal , i was thinking of maybe going in the club before the bouncers arrive and wait 2 hours till the party starts but since i dont drink will it work and be worth the wait? and for whoevers gonna tell me to wait im in UK at the moment and im only here for about 20 days after im heading back to dubai and over there i cant get into clubs cause its 21+ so imma have to wait for 7 months till i can step in a club when im in manchester but who knows if ill live till then .

ReputationRep:
    Technically you both can... and cannot go into a nightclub.

Once you're 16 you can enter the premise without someone over 18....

However as long as it is not discriminatory they can turn 'anyone' away. Most clubs will also use their bouncers to check peoples ID so barstaff do not have to, thus saying the ID check and the following entry is equalling them serving you alcoholic drinks. Also for any under 18's to be allowed to enter clubs need to ask permission from the local authority.

Like you could use the whole age discrimination car seeing technically a 16 and 17 yo is allowed in a nightclub as long as they are not served alcohol... but clubs and associations are allowed to discriminate their concessions based on age... and I'm pretty sure it would get thrown out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    However as long as it is not discriminatory they can turn 'anyone' away.
    And when it is discriminatory, they can't, but they do.

Zero chance.

As for 21+, once you're 18, slip them a note or two and they might look the other way.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm 17 and got into a nightclub because I went with a group of older friends. Do that and you should get in, they don't normally bother ID'ing everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you're eighteen.

ReputationRep:
    Where I'm from bouncers will not allow anyone under 18 to enter a club, they are out as soon as the club opens so no chance of sneaking in before. They id pretty much everyone at the door. The only way I could see you getting in would be using someone else's id, but that comes with its own risks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    Lol I'm 17 and got into a nightclub because I went with a group of older friends. Do that and you should get in, they don't normally bother ID'ing everyone.
    Depends entirely on the club, the majority will ID everybody but there are some that will just check people at random or those who look like they might be under 18.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Manchester and everywhere I've been they ID every single person going in so I doubt you have a chance without ID

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    If OP's a girl, it may be possible (but I don't think they are). I've never been rejected from a club when with girls, even with only a photo of my ID (other than once, at Heaven - think we failed the gaydar test). As a guy, even when you're 20 the club's 'full' a lot of the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.