Turn on thread page Beta

I cried in public and no one asked me if I was ok? watch

• Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I received a call that my dad is ill, so as I sat in my lecture I tried to control myself but the tears started falling. The girl sitting next to me saw but just completely ignored me, and as I walked back to my flat in uni I was hysterically crying and lots of people walked past me, not one person bothered to ask me if I was ok. If anything my lecturer saw that I had been crying and when I went to ask her a question she just looked at me like I was weird. I know that if it had been me who saw someone crying I would have asked if they were alright and not give them a funny look. Why did people act like this? Is that normal?
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Andy98)
    A: would be one of my reasons for going over and supporting them

D: is the most likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my case, all 4...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kyx)
    In my case, all 4...

I guess I'm just nice :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Andy98)

I guess I'm just nice :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MAYBE...

ReputationRep:
    Eh...what else can be expected from humans? Animals have a warmer heart nowadays.

(Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    If you were an attractive female all the guys would have came flocking over; but if you are a male OR you are an unattractive female then really it is kind of expected
    Don't feel like this was appropriate but I'm not unattractive. I'm a tall black girl so perhaps intimidating to some.

ReputationRep:
    People are just selfish.

One does what one can. That given, if I did see you, I would ask.

ReputationRep:
    Awww I'd have asked if you were ok. I'd probably be more awkward and annoying than comforting, but I'd have tried ☺️ I think people probably should tbh, it might not always help much but it's got to be better than just ignoring people. Hope you're doing better now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    If you were an attractive female all the guys would have came flocking over; but if you are a male OR you are an unattractive female then really it is kind of expected
    Hmm it's sad but I'm sure looks come into it. In general, I could see myself trying harder to talk to someone who was pretty (girl or guy) or who looked 'vulnerable' (wtf does that even mean tho?). But then I would definitely ignore some who looked like they were maybe sleeping rough, or that I found intimidating for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Typical British people also it is kind of awkward I don't know if I would ask the person if they were okay I can understand why they ignored you it doesn't mean they are unfeeling of don't care probably just more reserved.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.