Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I cried in public and no one asked me if I was ok? Watch

Announcements
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I received a call that my dad is ill, so as I sat in my lecture I tried to control myself but the tears started falling. The girl sitting next to me saw but just completely ignored me, and as I walked back to my flat in uni I was hysterically crying and lots of people walked past me, not one person bothered to ask me if I was ok. If anything my lecturer saw that I had been crying and when I went to ask her a question she just looked at me like I was weird. I know that if it had been me who saw someone crying I would have asked if they were alright and not give them a funny look. Why did people act like this? Is that normal?
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    A: would be one of my reasons for going over and supporting them

D: is the most likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my case, all 4...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    In my case, all 4...

I guess I'm just nice :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

I guess I'm just nice :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MAYBE...

ReputationRep:
    Eh...what else can be expected from humans? Animals have a warmer heart nowadays.

(Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    If you were an attractive female all the guys would have came flocking over; but if you are a male OR you are an unattractive female then really it is kind of expected
    Don't feel like this was appropriate but I'm not unattractive. I'm a tall black girl so perhaps intimidating to some.

ReputationRep:
    People are just selfish.

One does what one can. That given, if I did see you, I would ask.

ReputationRep:
    Awww I'd have asked if you were ok. I'd probably be more awkward and annoying than comforting, but I'd have tried ☺️ I think people probably should tbh, it might not always help much but it's got to be better than just ignoring people. Hope you're doing better now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    If you were an attractive female all the guys would have came flocking over; but if you are a male OR you are an unattractive female then really it is kind of expected
    Hmm it's sad but I'm sure looks come into it. In general, I could see myself trying harder to talk to someone who was pretty (girl or guy) or who looked 'vulnerable' (wtf does that even mean tho?). But then I would definitely ignore some who looked like they were maybe sleeping rough, or that I found intimidating for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Typical British people also it is kind of awkward I don't know if I would ask the person if they were okay I can understand why they ignored you it doesn't mean they are unfeeling of don't care probably just more reserved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.