The Student Room Group

Feelings on leaving school for good...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Can't wait. Not going to miss it at all. Just think of all the phone your going to have on gap years / at Uni or just dossing! MUCH better than being contained in school where you are diminished and patronised.
Reply 21
I'm really looking forward to leaving. There are certain people and things that I will miss, but I'm not really upset about it, because I'll stay in touch with the people I want to.:smile:

Besides, I go to a sixth form college so have only been there less than 2 years - I was a lot more emotional leaving high school.

Can't wait for uni though.:biggrin:
i feel very happy bout that i am sick of my school
i feel very happy bout that i am sick of my school:redface:
Reply 24
Today was my last day and it's just hit me right now that school is over.
I feel a little lost and sad :frown:
Mixed feelings
I have been at the same school since Year 7 and its been a wonderful experience. I've always wanted to go to this school ever since the age of 8 so looking back now, at the age of 18, its a weird feeling in my stomach.
I've made some great friends and contacts while at school and I guess the routine of spending time in the Sixth Form common room and messing about in the free periods, the friday afternoon free sessions and the whole Sixth Form atmosphere is something that I'll miss.
Overall, I'm glad that I'm leaving, because its time for the next challenge, but I'm sure I won't be the only one shedding a tear or two come the end of the exams.
Reply 26
I really, really, really don't want to leave this place. I've been boarding here since the age of 11, and I've made the most amazing friends. I don't cope well with change or make friends easily, and I'm a natural worrier so I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that I'm aprehensive about next year. Also, although I haven't really been living at home properly for 6 and a half years, I'm going to be an awful lot further away from home next year so I'm going to lose my escape route for whenever it gets too much.
Notebooksecrets
I feel ready to move on. I feel like I've out-grown my school. I won't miss it because right now it just seems to be a waste of my time. I won't miss friends because whilst everyone else has been getting closer with their friends, I've been floating further away.

I can't wait for uni. I need a new start. These next 3 weeks of sixth form and then my exams really can't pass quick enough, as tom said.

Ditto. It's amazing how quickly people can change in 2 years... I CANNOT wait to leave my college. On to bigger and better things hopefully.
Reply 28
If my school hadn't had a Sixth Form, I'd have been really upset leaving the school at the end of Year 11. As it is, Sixth Form hasn't been too great and I never go into about half of the school now, so I feel quite separated from a lot of it already. I'll probably look back on the school with some fond memories, but I'm not sad to be leaving.
I can't wait to leave my school because then I get to come to the UK and go to a sixth form with some of you guys!!
Reply 30
oh the pain of saying goodbye :'-(

especially when there's only one or two of us going to that sixth form college *bursts into tears* dunno, mixed feelings really. i don't want to part with my friends, but at the same time i'm sick of school and yeah, meeting the same ppl everyday for 5 years....so making new friends would be nice:p: dunno, i'll think about the goodbyes after the exams.
Reply 31
I'm really looking forward to University and thought I was so ready to leave but part of me isn't so sure. I imagine I'll be one of the crying girls :rolleyes:, although that might be more likely closer to when we all split up for uni. I'm excited about Edinburgh but sad the closest friend to me will probably be at either Newcastle or Sheffield!
Relieved... :smile:
Reply 33
i'm excited, but also quite sad, cus ive really enjoyed my time at college (changed to a 6th form college at the end of yr 11), and made some good friends who i feel like ive known a lifetime! it will also be sad because ill be leaving people who ive known since year 7!!

but i also cant wait untill uni!!!! :biggrin: looking forward to a big long summer, although if i eventually get a job ill be working alot of it :frown:
All sorts really. I've really grown up in the last few years, and I'm pleased for the last 7 years at the school...I've gone through all sorts of periods in my life. Ultimately, at the moment I'm probably the happiest I've ever been...I have so much more confidence, I've seen people change for the better and the worse but now I can honestly see the good in everyone and I'm starting to feel like an adult.

I'm extremely excited about uni, in fact the more I think about it, the more I can't help feel it can't come soon enough. I'll be sad to see people go...who knows I might even cry at the summer ball, but I think it's about time and it really has started to drag in these last months.

So in summary, sad, relieved, anxious, excited...already planning summer to make the most of it.
sherunsaway
All sorts really. I've really grown up in the last few years,

Yep :rolleyes: This person has grown up big time. A right mature little cookie *thinks about posting details on User CP*
Reply 36
Today was my last day of 6th form (prom was last night), mixed emotions really. On the academic side I feel I've outgrown it, I don't really get much out of my lessons and I've been skipping lots of school lately, it'll also be good not having to get up for the early mornings.

On the social side I've made lots of good friends the past couple of years but there are some people in my group of friends who are really starting to get on my nerves and it'll be a relief not having to spend so much time with them. There are a dozen or so people I'd like to keep in touch with but it won't be the same. It's not like you can just drop into a conversation at lunch time 'who wants to go out tonight?', it's a lot more difficult when everyone lives across the country in different unis.
Reply 37
Well, I am certainly getting fed up of school. But it hasn't really hit me that in a month I won't ever have to go back there (apart from Prom and results' day). It's going to be a big change.
Laces
Yep :rolleyes: This person has grown up big time. A right mature little cookie *thinks about posting details on User CP*

Lol it's the internet. How sad and geeky are you if you take anything on it seriously.
Reply 39
I say thank goodness! Most of the people in my year are just ****ing idiots who just mess about and ride round in their cars during lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending