Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Online friend turned really nasty? Watch

Announcements

I met a woman in a chat room, and chatted to her about 6 months after which I disclosed to her, I was sexually abused as a child. She said I was very brave, very courageous she felt flattered I told her.

She said she was afraid, she said the wrong thing and we wouldn't be friends anymore. I said, don't worry, only three reasons I cut someone from my friend list:

1) Making fun of my childhood trauma
    2) Embarassing me publically
    3) Making fun of my mum

One time she said, "Ikea has new memory foam pillows". I thanked her, my mum was in hospital and thought it could help her. She replied "No, they mould to the contours of the face, easier to smother her, arms wont get tired."

2nd time; she ignored for me three hours then told everyone in the room how she was ignoring me coz I was such a ******* and bully to her (I said please dont swear at me).

I tried to make it up with her on Xmas day:

"K,

Hope your ok, wishing you merry xmas. Cat has a new ribbon, enclosed is a picture. Sorry things got bad between us really hope we can be civil to one another. Take care, best wishes for 2016!"

I got an email on boxing day, where she told me that I was a monster, a sociopath, and psyocpathic. Obviously I MUST have invented the abuse as a child just to manipulate her, and I was never to contact her again under any circumstances. She refused to be "one of my victims."

I was furious. I posted her email on the site, to deprive her of the weapon of blackmail.

last night, I returned to the site after a month long abscence, and again I sent her a message: "look, stuff got really bad. Lets bury the hatchet please."

She then tells the whole room I had not only been harassing her, but had been violently threatening her too.

So, all the guys in the room immediately got quite mad at me, quite aggressive too. Without any evidence, but immediately jumped to her defence.

I explained that I had a problem with her, given she had used the rape of a child, i.e. ME, to my detriment and as a weapon.

The men: "You can't make false allegations like that without proof." (Funnily enough, didn't need proof when she made an allegation)

So I provided them with it, the email she sent, the phone number of member who was a social worker and called her in tears due to the vile comments. In addition to the 4 members who had recieved the email in the original form, on the same DAY.

Then I was hit with "this is unacceptable, won't be tolerated, this is so not cool, your breaking her privacy, and confidentiality." :|

There it is, in black and white, proof of how she said obviously I invented my childhood rape, but nope, their only concern was the etiquette of the information, because I included her first name in the blooody cut and paste job.

Then one of them tries to backpedal: "Oh your just over-reacting its a misunderstanding."

I got angry at that: It wasn'[t accidential, it was delibrate, and calculated.

All the while this woman is crowing away how Im unstable, should tell the shrink all about it, and Im obviously a psycho.

Just feels I cant win. Damned if I do, damned if I ****ing dont

ReputationRep:
    This chat room is obviously detrimental to your mental health. Stop using it as it's causing you nothing but pain and upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a woman in a chat room, and chatted to her about 6 months after which I disclosed to her, I was sexually abused as a child. She said I was very brave, very courageous she felt flattered I told her.

She said she was afraid, she said the wrong thing and we wouldn't be friends anymore. I said, don't worry, only three reasons I cut someone from my friend list:

3) Making fun of my mum

One time she said, "Ikea has new memory foam pillows". I thanked her, my mum was in hospital and thought it could help her. She replied "No, they mould to the contours of the face, easier to smother her, arms wont get tired."

2nd time; she ignored for me three hours then told everyone in the room how she was ignoring me coz I was such a ******* and bully to her (I said please dont swear at me).

"K,

Hope your ok, wishing you merry xmas. Cat has a new ribbon, enclosed is a picture. Sorry things got bad between us really hope we can be civil to one another. Take care, best wishes for 2016!"

I got an email on boxing day, where she told me that I was a monster, a sociopath, and psyocpathic. Obviously I MUST have invented the abuse as a child just to manipulate her, and I was never to contact her again under any circumstances. She refused to be "one of my victims."

I was furious. I posted her email on the site, to deprive her of the weapon of blackmail.

last night, I returned to the site after a month long abscence, and again I sent her a message: "look, stuff got really bad. Lets bury the hatchet please."

She then tells the whole room I had not only been harassing her, but had been violently threatening her too.

So, all the guys in the room immediately got quite mad at me, quite aggressive too. Without any evidence, but immediately jumped to her defence.

I explained that I had a problem with her, given she had used the rape of a child, i.e. ME, to my detriment and as a weapon.

The men: "You can't make false allegations like that without proof." (Funnily enough, didn't need proof when she made an allegation)

So I provided them with it, the email she sent, the phone number of member who was a social worker and called her in tears due to the vile comments. In addition to the 4 members who had recieved the email in the original form, on the same DAY.

Then I was hit with "this is unacceptable, won't be tolerated, this is so not cool, your breaking her privacy, and confidentiality." :|

There it is, in black and white, proof of how she said obviously I invented my childhood rape, but nope, their only concern was the etiquette of the information, because I included her first name in the blooody cut and paste job.

Then one of them tries to backpedal: "Oh your just over-reacting its a misunderstanding."

All the while this woman is crowing away how Im unstable, should tell the shrink all about it, and Im obviously a psycho.

Tl;dr

Stay away from chat rooms and stop talking to her. Go meet girls who will treat you with respect irl. Don't let women run over you like that, have some self respect for gods sake!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You win some, you lose some. Sorry buddy but people are *******s

ReputationRep:
    What chat room do you go on? that woman is clearly unstable also i would not disclose such personal information to a stranger i never met. Just stay away from the site.

(Original post by chikane)
    What chat room do you go on? that woman is clearly unstable also i would not disclose such personal information to a stranger i never met. Just stay away from the site.
    In my defence, her...conduct subsequently deteriorated several months AFTER the disclosure.

ReputationRep:
    some weird people out there....

(Original post by Ishea16)
    some weird people out there....
    Me, or here?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a horrible person.
    Stay away, she's not worth it, none of them are.

ReputationRep:
    In my defence, her...conduct subsequently deteriorated several months AFTER the disclosure.
    Personally i don't trust people easily so i would not have told her as she could be the type to tell everyone or use it against you or whatever these creeps do.
    It does not look like your friendship will go back to how it is and i would not want to be friends with someone who would turn on me.

ReputationRep:
    Me, or here?
    well. everywhere tbh

her been wicked is just far from my understanding
    but you should know not to go after her, life is too short to live with this kinda behaviour,
    but you've been talking to for months, you must be really close
    if she didnt want to talk to you, it would've been easy to ignore you
    so i dont understand why shes been like that

did you say something that might of triggered this,
    you might not even have realised

(Original post by Ishea16)
    well. everywhere tbh

her been wicked is just far from my understanding
    but you should know not to go after her, life is too short to live with this kinda behaviour,
    but you've been talking to for months, you must be really close
    if she didnt want to talk to you, it would've been easy to ignore you
    so i dont understand why shes been like that

did you say something that might of triggered this,
    you might not even have realised
    Sorry!

I had a typo, I meant me or "her" not here

ReputationRep:
    Sorry!

I had a typo, I meant me or "her" not here

ReputationRep:
    Dude! You don't have to deal with this!

Cut of off already! She isn't worth it 😪

ReputationRep:

3) Making fun of my mum

"K,

Cut ties with her. You deserve better than that.

ReputationRep:
    Just walk away? Why would you still want to be friends with her or use this chat room full of idiots?

(Original post by Katarvi)
    Just walk away? Why would you still want to be friends with her or use this chat room full of idiots?
    I dont want to be friends with her, at all. They are acting all outraged that I revealed her first name, or made some vague reference to where she lives; because ya know, you dont break the vow of privacy! But yeah, totes; rape of a child? Making fun of that? Thats totes ok!

I am just shocked that a woman who is older than me by 11 years, who herself was raped; could be so ignorant to the damage she is causing.

These people are scum. I will leave them to savage and destroy one another. It failed, but ultimately, I did too. I couldnt even manage a chat room. How the hell am I going to manage to get on with the world at large? God I am such a goddamn ****ing LOSER

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to be friends with her, at all. They are acting all outraged that I revealed her first name, or made some vague reference to where she lives; because ya know, you dont break the vow of privacy! But yeah, totes; rape of a child? Making fun of that? Thats totes ok!

I am just shocked that a woman who is older than me by 11 years, who herself was raped; could be so ignorant to the damage she is causing.

These people are scum. I will leave them to savage and destroy one another. It failed, but ultimately, I did too. I couldnt even manage a chat room. How the hell am I going to manage to get on with the world at large? God I am such a goddamn ****ing LOSER
    It definitely sucks that she made fun of what you went through, that's terrible and I'm sorry. On the other hand though, it can be pretty dangerous to be giving out a persons real name and general location on a public chat room. I would say that is perhaps a step too far, yeah they're being hypocrites but it's a different kind of privacy violation and I would just suggest not doing that again.

Move on and find better friends, be careful who you tell your deepest thoughts too. Don't feel like a loser, it was just one pesky chat room; not everyone is like that and you will realise that. Just got to find where you belong.

I only did it because it got her to back down. All I said was:

"Kirsten, how IS the weather in Minnesota, Minneapolis?"

I KNOW thats where she is. But hey, to an outsider, I could have been genuinely just asking about the weather, to "change the subject." Im stupid, not dumb.

ReputationRep:
    I only did it because it got her to back down. All I said was:

"Kirsten, how IS the weather in Minnesota, Minneapolis?"

I KNOW thats where she is. But hey, to an outsider, I could have been genuinely just asking about the weather, to "change the subject." Im stupid, not dumb.
    I get that, but it's a bit passive aggressive and it can potentially put her in some danger if the wrong type of people see it. I'm not taking her side cause she sounds bloody awful but there are some boundaries that shouldn't be crossed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.