The Student Room Group

HMRC Hidden Economy Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeeDeeC
Thanks for the update.

I checked if my personal referee had received anything from HMRC and it is sitting in her inbox so no doubt that is at least one of the reasons mine has not been 'passed'

You should get your notice handed in asap - that's at least 6-7 weeks notice. Hopefully your employer will be understanding with the rest and you can use any unused annual leave?

Hi,

It's difficult to hand notice in until my current employer tells me I can leave early because if I can't then I can't take the HE job as we have to start in April!!!

BigBrother - In relation to the three months notice and just leaving, i signed a contract to say I would give 3 months notice so surely I would be in breach of contract? No sure of those implications!! Anyhow my line manager is considering my request to leave early so will hopefully hand notice in ASAP.

Come to think of it I don't think my references have been approached. That's strange considering I passed the pre employment checks ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
That is strange... Both of mine were contacted but my checks haven't cleared yet. Perhaps I seemed particularly suspicious??
Reply 82
Original post by MissAmy8
I also had an email on Saturday saying my checks were complete and to wait for a start date. Although I've checked with my personal references and neither have been contacted yet ...

Original post by Britishblue1
Hi,

It's difficult to hand notice in until my current employer tells me I can leave early because if I can't then I can't take the HE job as we have to start in April!!!

BigBrother - In relation to the three months notice and just leaving, i signed a contract to say I would give 3 months notice so surely I would be in breach of contract? No sure of those implications!! Anyhow my line manager is considering my request to leave early so will hopefully hand notice in ASAP.

Come to think of it I don't think my references have been approached. That's strange considering I passed the pre employment checks ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm not sure what the hold up is then with mine. May drop them an email tomorrow.

She's definitely been emailed although unsure of what date...

If they're not expecting us to start until the latter part of April, will have my TSP results prior to starting which is good.
Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I seriously doubt they would bother with the cost of taking it further. I would explain in writing you have already given your manager an indication of intentional notice, explain why you feel it might be a good solution to both of you to move on and whilst you would really prefer the company to agree to a shorter notice period; ask what would happen to you if you left earlier than agreed. At least you will know then. tbh I think the worst scenario would be no reference in the future.
Reply 84
In terms of breach of contract, the implications may be stated in your contract, depending on the organisation you work for I wouldn't say the implications will be too severe, if any.

I just wish CSR would hurry up with the checks! My police checks have been submitted tho. so at least there's a little movement!
Reply 85
Original post by bwatters1

I just wish CSR would hurry up with the checks! My police checks have been submitted tho. so at least there's a little movement!

Agreed!! Going mad waiting for the smallest news. How do you know that some checks have been done? I don't think I even have an application reference for DBS?
Reply 86
Original post by daltoja
Agreed!! Going mad waiting for the smallest news. How do you know that some checks have been done? I don't think I even have an application reference for DBS?

I'm in Northern Ireland so I don't have a DBS, but an AccessNI check, I filled out theonline form and sent it to HMRC, who sent it to the AccessNI people today!
Reply 87
Also submitted my access ni a couple weeks ago, got confirmation email 2 weeks ago that all checks completed and that I will be contacted shortly to confirm next steps....

Still waiting!!
Reply 88
Original post by Cdpk
Also submitted my access ni a couple weeks ago, got confirmation email 2 weeks ago that all checks completed and that I will be contacted shortly to confirm next steps....

Still waiting!!

Are you in Belfast as well? Finally someone who'll be in my office! How long did it take ur access NI to clear?
Reply 89
Original post by bwatters1
Are you in Belfast as well? Finally someone who'll be in my office! How long did it take ur access NI to clear?

Yes in Belfast also. My checks were all completed very quickly, within a week of submitting my access ni I had received the mail confirming the checks had been completed. Also got my access ni form in the post. That happened over a fortnight ago so hoping to get a start date soon!!
Reply 90
Original post by Cdpk
Yes in Belfast also. My checks were all completed very quickly, within a week of submitting my access ni I had received the mail confirming the checks had been completed. Also got my access ni form in the post. That happened over a fortnight ago so hoping to get a start date soon!!

My portal was slow to update and I only got an email asking for my AccessNI on Saturday, so no doubt I'll have to wait longer :frown: I wonder how many new recruits there are for belfast
Anyone heard about start dates yet?? I have managed to negotiate my notice period but my manager wants to know by Friday! I am reluctant to give notice until formal offer - not sure I am brave enough to do it on ' pre employment tests passed' alone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I have what information you have given. Lol. I would drop another email to them advising of your dilemma and ask what issues could prevent you from being offered a position. If you already work with children and have no convictions, cannot see why they wouldn't. However, completely understand your reluctance as nothing is guaranteed at this point.

What exactly has been passed?

I checked and my DBS has been requested and can take around 8 weeks. Have the reference number now to track it going forward. Am wondering if it will be more like May.

Anyone heard about start dates yet?? I have managed to negotiate my notice period but my manager wants to know by Friday! I am reluctant to give notice until formal offer - not sure I am brave enough to do it on ' pre employment tests passed' alone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeeDeeC
I have what information you have given. Lol. I would drop another email to them advising of your dilemma and ask what issues could prevent you from being offered a position. If you already work with children and have no convictions, cannot see why they wouldn't. However, completely understand your reluctance as nothing is guaranteed at this point.

What exactly has been passed?

I checked and my DBS has been requested and can take around 8 weeks. Have the reference number now to track it going forward. Am wondering if it will be more like May.

Hi,

Portal just says pre employment tests passed, then email says someone would be in contact to discuss start date.

So I assume all checks complete..I think I will email again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't heard anything since my provisional offer.
Has anyone else in London heard anything?
Reply 95
Original post by big_brother
It would appear so far that only people based in Belfast have found out.

I think it's just because in Belfast there is an additional pro-forma to fill in to have our checks performed. But as to a start date I'm none the wiser :frown:
I'm going to be in Cardiff and had the email on Monday to say my checks have been completed and someone will be in touch.
Reply 97
No word on start date yet, just the email saying checks have been completed. Received that email almost 3 weeks ago now! I'm assuming everybody will be starting on the same date? Meaning no confirmation of dates until everybody's checks are completed.
Reply 98
I am Liverpool and I have had pre employment checks passed - no word on start date either.. Anyone else starting Liverpool?!
Reply 99
I'm getting a bit nervous now, mine seem to be slow in getting passed!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending