Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats everyones opinion on making internet friends? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    You're my first love.
    Awwwwhhh :blush: you're too much <333 looking extra beautiful in that avatar today

ReputationRep:
    I don't make friends online I talk to some people in online gaming that's about it

ReputationRep:
    I think it's great. It can really boost your confidence and social skills However, I've never formed close enough friendships to then go and meet that person IRL. I feel like with friends online you're more inclined to find similar interests and I've loved talking to people about my hobbies online whereas some of my irl friends don't share those common things with me but I don't love them any less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeikiu)
    Exactly why? Someone did right?
    Hahaha, what's your name on there then ?

ReputationRep:
    I never have (except on runescape and xbox live as a kid) but always stayed anonymous and only interacted through the game. I personally don't see the point unless you really have no one to talk to irl but if you want to do it, be super careful when giving out info and meet in a public place. The internet is great but there are also a lot of weirdos out there
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    awhhhhhhhh no stahpppp :hugs: my heart </3
    It's true :yep:

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    You're my first love.
    Back off, she's mine :shoo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Majority of friends Ive had are online friends, secondary school really was my worst period and so I played a lot of online games where I met a lot of people. I've made a lot of friends and I learned the majority of my social skills from this. Downside there are some proper weird ****ers out there, there was this weird cretin who sexually harassed loads of people on a games forum, took about 50 account bans for him to be IP banned, there was some other weir stuff around him which I won't discuss.

ReputationRep:
    im good friends with people iv met online but never met and weve been friends for years!
    my longest internet friend is nearly 10 years and we have met once

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.