Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Career vs relationship Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Erm it's nothing really haha. I'm well over it
    Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tapwedl23w :lol:

Notice, to communicate like Jack ,you have to say it nicely then again not so nicely. So let me try again.

eh hem:

Who did this to you?

*kicks over chair and karate chops spleen*
    WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to go with relationship, without a doubt. My career would be very important to me but I don't really know what I want to do, whereas I have a rough idea of the qualities I'd like in a partner. Love means much more to me than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Matrix123)
    I'd have to go with relationship, without a doubt. My career would be very important to me but I don't really know what I want to do, whereas I have a rough idea of the qualities I'd like in a partner. Love means much more to me than anything else.
    Is being nice to everyone one of them?

(Original post by The Arsonist)
    hey bby if you promise to be mine then I know I won't have to compete for you :perv:

Well, that escalated quickly. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Is being nice to everyone one of them?
    Well, not necessarily to everyone but they'd have to be kind and loving whenever possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, not necessarily to everyone but they'd have to be kind and loving whenever possible
    Can an excess of one make up for a shortfall in the other? :mmm: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Can an excess of one make up for a shortfall in the other? :mmm: :sexface:
    Hmmm I'd have to assess that based upon the person. If I love someone and they love me, then I don't think it would matter if there's a shortfall in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm I'd have to assess that based upon the person. If I love someone and they love me, then I don't think it would matter if there's a shortfall in one.
    That's the way to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Well I don't plan to go through heartbreak again. It's way too distracting. Hence why I'd rather pick a career over a relationship.
    Exactly my feels. Career depends mostly on my zeal to work for it. Not entirely but more than relationship. On relationship there is the extremely disturbing unpredictable factor of other human being.

Besides working for something and seeing it pay off > being loved imo.

ReputationRep:
    That's the way to think about it.
    Absolutely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilia1320)
    Exactly my feels. Career depends mostly on my zeal to work for it. Not entirely but more than relationship. On relationship there is the extremely disturbing unpredictable factor of other human being.

Besides working for something and seeing it pay off > being loved imo.
    And who needs men when you have a fridge and a dog? A good career with good pay and a few dogs is all I need and I'll be content.
    When you're in a relationship you constantly worry about whether the person is taking you seriously or just playing you. You don't have to worry about that with a career.

ReputationRep:
    Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tapwedl23w :lol:

Notice, to communicate like Jack ,you have to say it nicely then again not so nicely. So let me try again.

eh hem:

Who did this to you?

*kicks over chair and karate chops spleen*
    WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!!!!!!!
    It doesn't matter sweets

ReputationRep:
    Always career. Why would you throw away your dream job (which presumably in this dreamland makes you super happy and rich) for the *perfect* relationship? Bleh. Also to everyone saying 'but you'll die alone!' a) friendships are still allowed b) you can still have a relationship, it just won't be perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    None of that will matter when you are in an old people's home though... Sound's like you are the expensive creature and projecting that onto women, or even only attracting women parallel to yourself.
    But in his old people home he will be able to afford personal assistants to look after him etc.

ReputationRep:
    hey bby if you promise to be mine then I know I won't have to compete for you :perv:

bby you can tickle my ivories anytime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    bby you can tickle my ivories anytime
    Well I am a pianist :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.