The Student Room Group

Career vs relationship

Scroll to see replies

I'd have to go with relationship, without a doubt. My career would be very important to me but I don't really know what I want to do, whereas I have a rough idea of the qualities I'd like in a partner. Love means much more to me than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
I'd have to go with relationship, without a doubt. My career would be very important to me but I don't really know what I want to do, whereas I have a rough idea of the qualities I'd like in a partner. Love means much more to me than anything else.

Is being nice to everyone one of them? :smile:
Original post by The Arsonist
hey bby if you promise to be mine then I know I won't have to compete for you :perv:

:smile:

Well, that escalated quickly. :lolwut:
Original post by Hydeman
Is being nice to everyone one of them? :smile:

Well, not necessarily to everyone but they'd have to be kind and loving whenever possible :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, not necessarily to everyone but they'd have to be kind and loving whenever possible :wink:

Can an excess of one make up for a shortfall in the other? :mmm: :sexface:
Original post by Hydeman
Can an excess of one make up for a shortfall in the other? :mmm: :sexface:

Hmmm I'd have to assess that based upon the person. If I love someone and they love me, then I don't think it would matter if there's a shortfall in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm I'd have to assess that based upon the person. If I love someone and they love me, then I don't think it would matter if there's a shortfall in one.

That's the way to think about it. :h:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Well I don't plan to go through heartbreak again. It's way too distracting. Hence why I'd rather pick a career over a relationship.

Exactly my feels. Career depends mostly on my zeal to work for it. Not entirely but more than relationship. On relationship there is the extremely disturbing unpredictable factor of other human being.

Besides working for something and seeing it pay off > being loved imo.
Original post by Hydeman
That's the way to think about it. :h:

Absolutely :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emilia1320
Exactly my feels. Career depends mostly on my zeal to work for it. Not entirely but more than relationship. On relationship there is the extremely disturbing unpredictable factor of other human being.

Besides working for something and seeing it pay off > being loved imo.

And who needs men when you have a fridge and a dog? A good career with good pay and a few dogs is all I need and I'll be content.
When you're in a relationship you constantly worry about whether the person is taking you seriously or just playing you. You don't have to worry about that with a career.
Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tapwedl23w :lol:

Notice, to communicate like Jack ,you have to say it nicely then again not so nicely. So let me try again.

eh hem:

Who did this to you? :smile:

*kicks over chair and karate chops spleen*
WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter sweets :tongue:
Always career. Why would you throw away your dream job (which presumably in this dreamland makes you super happy and rich) for the *perfect* relationship? Bleh. Also to everyone saying 'but you'll die alone!' a) friendships are still allowed b) you can still have a relationship, it just won't be perfect
Reply 132
Original post by Anonymous
None of that will matter when you are in an old people's home though... Sound's like you are the expensive creature and projecting that onto women, or even only attracting women parallel to yourself.

But in his old people home he will be able to afford personal assistants to look after him etc.
hey bby if you promise to be mine then I know I won't have to compete for you :perv:

:smile:

bby you can tickle my ivories anytime
Original post by ivy.98
bby you can tickle my ivories anytime

Well I am a pianist :pierre:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending