Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firmed up on my offer!

Out of interest, do you guys know if they only consider your income from September onwards as a 25+ when it comes to the maintenance grant? I'm gonna work my ass off between now and then to get as much of a dent in tuition as possible, but it'd be completely counter intuitive if that affected it right?

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so because I am doing as many shifts as I can between now and Sept. My earnings for the last financial year comes to about 33000. But as a single person over 25 it is my own income which should impact finance. Pretty sure FE count your income as 0 in that case when you apply as a full time student.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the same boat! We'll make it work.

If only there was some way to get a conversation going with all of the grads who're going, there's only roughly 13 of us right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Are you on the offer holders group on fb? The group starter is also a grad.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah requested to join, awaiting approval.

ReputationRep:
    What are you guys planning on doing about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I won't be in halls, that much I know. I'm wondering if there's any accommodation there geared towards grads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrProspective)
    I won't be in halls, that much I know. I'm wondering if there's any accommodation there geared towards grads?
    The only uni grad accomodation near the med school is studios and therefore about £150 a week

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for halls for first year. At least being surrounded by medics will be handy for study sessions and osce practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a large one bed maisonette in central exe up for rent with a private company! Although you are on your own it's in a block of flats (like halls but nicer) with other students/postgrads/undergards/phDs/exchanges? Please let me know if you're interested! Would be happy to send you more details

ReputationRep:
    My plan was halls but that's fallen through due to lack of parking. Trying to find a 3 bed for me and a couple others to share. Turning out to be harder to find than I would like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could help. I am non-direct school leaver and I applying using gamsat and am currently stuck on how to write my personal statement. Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.