The Student Room Group

Exeter Graduate Entry Medicine 2016 - GAMSAT applicants

Scroll to see replies

Firmed up on my offer!

Out of interest, do you guys know if they only consider your income from September onwards as a 25+ when it comes to the maintenance grant? I'm gonna work my ass off between now and then to get as much of a dent in tuition as possible, but it'd be completely counter intuitive if that affected it right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
I really hope so because I am doing as many shifts as I can between now and Sept. My earnings for the last financial year comes to about 33000. But as a single person over 25 it is my own income which should impact finance. Pretty sure FE count your income as 0 in that case when you apply as a full time student.
Pretty much the same boat! We'll make it work.

If only there was some way to get a conversation going with all of the grads who're going, there's only roughly 13 of us right?
Reply 63
Yeah. Are you on the offer holders group on fb? The group starter is also a grad.
Yeah requested to join, awaiting approval.
Reply 65
What are you guys planning on doing about accommodation?
I won't be in halls, that much I know. I'm wondering if there's any accommodation there geared towards grads?
Reply 67
Original post by DrProspective
I won't be in halls, that much I know. I'm wondering if there's any accommodation there geared towards grads?

The only uni grad accomodation near the med school is studios and therefore about £150 a week
Reply 68
I'm going for halls for first year. At least being surrounded by medics will be handy for study sessions and osce practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I have a large one bed maisonette in central exe up for rent with a private company! Although you are on your own it's in a block of flats (like halls but nicer) with other students/postgrads/undergards/phDs/exchanges? Please let me know if you're interested! Would be happy to send you more details
Reply 70
My plan was halls but that's fallen through due to lack of parking. Trying to find a 3 bed for me and a couple others to share. Turning out to be harder to find than I would like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help. I am non-direct school leaver and I applying using gamsat and am currently stuck on how to write my personal statement. Any help/advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending