Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i hate writing with a pen, i much prefer typing. I am starting a Computer Science degree this September and would much rather take a laptop with me.

In my college i don't even need a bag because ALL the work is computer based, if i take notes it will be on a desktop etc. I literally don't even need to take anything to college.

Will University be similar to this or will i be expected to write using the primitive pen?

ReputationRep:
    You will need a pen for exams.

ReputationRep:
    Woops, didn't actually think of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicca205)
    Basically, i hate writing with a pen, i much prefer typing. I am starting a Computer Science degree this September and would much rather take a laptop with me.

In my college i don't even need a bag because ALL the work is computer based, if i take notes it will be on a desktop etc. I literally don't even need to take anything to college.

Will University be similar to this or will i be expected to write using the primitive pen?
    You would need a pen to take down some rough notes,doing rough calculations,writing exams,doodling,rough drawing,etc.

Why do you hate pens btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicca205)

You need one for exams, and for the maths involved. You don't really need a pen and paper for maths but it's a load easier than using a computer imo. No one will force you to use pen and paper in lectures.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answers. Saying I hate pens is a bit of an exaggeration. I just much prefer typing as it's much neater and faster for me personally
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I would take a pen just in case

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.