Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have got offers in Management from Bath, Durham, Exeter and I am still waiting for Warwick to reply. I don't know what to choose...Could you give me any advices and help me out choosing THE right university for me? What would you have chosen if you were me? Thanks!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blixten)
    Hi, I have got offers in Management from Bath, Durham, Exeter and I am still waiting for Warwick to reply. I don't know what to choose...Could you give me any advices and help me out choosing THE right university for me? What would you have chosen if you were me? Thanks!!
    Hi Blixten, congratulations on getting all of those offers!

I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath, so went through exactly the same process as you last year. I understand that at this stage all of the universities that you have offers from are highly ranked, therefore it is difficult to decide where to go purely on that basis. I would firstly recommend that you attend one of our offer holder days if possible. I am working with many of the Management open days this year, they will be extremely helpful in your decision making process.

One of the main factors that attracted me to Bath was the placement opportunities. If you have selected the four year management course you will have a placement as part of your course, if you have chosen the three year version you can always change your mind. Subject to the director of studies you will be allowed to switch, I doubt that this would be a problem however. The School of Management's placement team is in-house, most universities only offer central support. The benefit of our placement team is that they have connections specific to our course, which makes their support extremely useful. We regularly have large employers visiting campus including investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and consultancies like PwC. Tomorrow Moet Hennessy are visiting campus, we then have Fidelity next Monday to give you an example. We also have centrally arranged careers events, I went to a LinkedIn profile building class yesterday ran by Danone for example.

If you do visit our offer holder day, try to have a look around the city. Bath is a World Heritage city which makes it a great place to live. I understand that the School of Management are trying to give bedroom tours also on this open day, it is difficult to find an entire flat that agrees to it however so I can't make any promises. Feel free to check out our virtual tour though to get an idea of what the accommodation is like inside, is this somewhere you could see yourself living?

I hope that my advice helps you with your decision, I would like to offer School of Management applicants as much support as possible in the decision making process. You can contact me directly on my thread in the University of Bath forum (just to make sure that I don't miss out anything that you say). I am on the Student Room every Wednesday.

Good luck with your decision,

Hayden

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.