Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Dear you...." MKII Watch

Announcements

Dear you. I'm back ive been through hell and back and i survived, im actually glad to be back after so long and i thank you for everything. i must also warn you, ive changed a lot so be ready for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dear you. I'm back ive been through hell and back and i survived, im actually glad to be back after so long and i thank you for everything. i must also warn you, ive changed a lot so be ready for that

that was me

Karma is working my way. There will be justice in England.

England you have taken it all away from me, you're sick, twisted and cruel- I will leave for good

ReputationRep:
    You, whoever
    Meh, I find I can laugh about everything now
    Now I'm beginning to feel semi-normal and pretty stable.
    Given the chance, something I've never been able to understand before, I don't wish to go back and change any aspect of my past, yeahh even the bits that are faded and I can't remember well. Because I'm happy with who I'm becoming and it's all made me who I am, helping to shape me. I never thought I'd say that

Me
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    You, whoever
    Meh, I find I can laugh about everything now
    Now I'm beginning to feel semi-normal and pretty stable.
    Given the chance, something I've never been able to understand before, I don't wish to go back and change any aspect of my past, yeahh even the bits that are faded and I can't remember well. Because I'm happy with who I'm becoming and it's all made me who I am, helping to shape me. I never thought I'd say that

Me
    :thumbsup:
    :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear you,

I just wrote a massive letter to you to post it here, but I couldn't gather myself to do it. I have it saved. Maybe one day it'll come out, maybe never.

Yours,
    Me

Dear you,

So we first started talking couple of months back, purely by chance. Knowing that people would talk to you purely cos you're really pretty and popular, I just wanted to get to know you better as a person. I just happened to talk to you to try and make you feel better about an icky situation you were in, and ever since then we pretty much talked everyday. You saw me differently to others, I found the same in you. Things progressed and I started to think to myself, how on earth is a girl like her even talking to me. I let out to you some of my deepest sentiments one day and you completely got me. Something that no girl I've talked to has ever been able to do. I told you about how I'm just too scared to open myself up to someone - but you understood. I really felt like there was a connection. I would often flirt with you, but you'd just playfully ignore it, which I found cute. We would often talk about similarities between us, and even though we found none - and we're completely different people, we still had that connection that bonded us together. You wouldn't admit it and you probably didn't want to admit it, but I knew inside.

We would send each other really long texts, not far from email and not expect to hear from the other one for a while because we’d take time to send each other equally long messages as a reply. This went on for a couple of weeks, possibly more than a month. Then we decided to have phone conversations. The first phone chat we had, it was really fun. But then I think things started to go down, I have no idea what happened. There’d be times when we wouldn’t speak to each other. I started to think that you don’t think of me in the same way as I think of you. I’d actually make anon threads on TSR to find out what it was all about from other people – and the general consensus was that you’re just an attention seeker. I didn’t want to believe it. Why would an attention seeker spend so much time talking to just me when she has hundreds of people she can spend time talking to. I just didn’t get it. Then I decided that I’m not going to talk to you. To see how you’d react. The first time I stopped talking for a while you were the one to come to me and ask me why I was mad. I have no idea how you did that but for the second time you could tell how I was feeling. I found that heartening. I found that a confirmation that you definitely saw something in me that you didn’t see in others. I grew to like you even more. I grew to develop feelings for you even more. And that was probably my mistake. I was in a quite fragile state of mind then. At that deep level of emotion, I couldn’t see through logically or rationally. You know how it is. It’s happened to all of us.

Since then I felt like you started to go back into your shell again for some reason. I remember you had a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: day, one day, and you didn’t want to talk to anyone. I could tell something was up, but unlike you, I am really bad at making other people open up, and I couldn’t get anything out of you. You said you didn’t want to talk about it, I respected that. So I thought to not bug you for a while and gave you space. But since then I felt things were not the same again between us. I don’t know what happened. But what’s weird is, you’d still sporadically call me up whenever you felt like it. Those times when I felt like things aren’t progressing between us, and then you call me up, I’d feel all excited again. Another one of my mistakes. I’d think that you like me more than just a friend (because come on how many guys can you call up just like that, and have conversations for hours into the night). However, when the period of not talking came back, it reaffirmed to me that I was just being used to give attention. I never had the guts to tell you how I felt about you, and you would just assume that everything is fine between us because I never told you my true feelings. Maybe the more we talked to each other, the more you found that I was a different person that you started talking to. I guess that happens and it happened without me even knowing, due to some things I said. To be fair I did say quite a few things that I thought would make you feel highly of me, but they probably had the reverse effect. Actually, I think they did. Sucks to say that now – I should have just stayed natural. Oh and not to mention, I’d also call you up when I was high, and that would be the only time I felt I had the courage to tell you how I felt about you truly. Bad idea – you just dismissed it. I made you uncomfortable I think – I made myself look really desperate but I just wanted to tell you somehow.

We both don’t want relationships right now. It can’t be possible because of reasons out of our control. And probably we can never be together. Truth be told, I never looked at you in that way to ask you out. I was just being a nice guy, helping someone out with something. You found it pretty helpful and straight up I started talking to you as a gesture of goodwill. I didn’t think that we’d develop this far. There would be some things which I may have made them seem as if I was kidding, or just not being serious about – but I really did mean them, but yet, you were dismissive of them – which didn’t really bother me at first but it’s all built itself up to this now.

Now I just don’t want to talk to you anymore. I don’t like the feeling of being the attention giver. I want you to tell me straight up if you like me more than just a friend. I was seriously thinking of asking you whether you’d like to go for dinner with me once it’s possible. But now the dilemma is that I don’t want to feel the rejection. I don’t want to lose you even as a friend. You’ve told me that you can still be friends with people who liked you before, but I have a feeling I can’t. It’s happened before – I can’t be friends with someone who I had feelings for that deeply. I don’t want to forget you, but I don’t want to think about the times when I got really excited about you. Nowadays, you’d send me a text here and there and I’d reply, but there’s no free-flowing continuation of the chats we used to have. It’s different. I try not to give a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: about if there are other people you’re talking to, just like myself, but I’m a logical guy and logic tells me that it’s not possible. But then again, you are pretty special and that’s why I can never be 100% sure about you. But there’s just something about you that tells me that if we did get together we would be inseparable. And even though you’re a few years younger than me, and you’re about to just start university soon, you are really smart and intelligent and I think we’re a really good match.

Only yours.

ReputationRep:
    yaya it lets me quote you on the new app!!

(Original post by starfab)
    yaya it lets me quote you on the new app!!
    What? How did you get the new app? :woo: :excited:
    • Welcome Squad

Dear you both,

You are my love, strength and guidance at all times. You make me feel like the most precious person and I know I don't tell you enough but I do love you and will do anything for you, always.

love, a proud big sister

ps. I miss you

Dear You,

Stay strong in the face of people who are ganging up on you and are very wrong about you. You've never said anything wrong and you have not and will not react to what is just turning into bullying by one of the individuals. Maybe the other individual will realise that they very much got the wrong end of the stick, but at least you can say that you were right about the first individual.

Dear you

3 months have passed since we said goodbye.
    You've probably forgotten all about me, but I still think about you sometimes.
    Less so than before but you still creep up in my mind, and when you do I long for you again.
    I will never hear from you again so longing is futile, I hope I get over you soon.

From me

ReputationRep:
    Dear you... even though I'm semi scared, thanks for telling me. Love you too.
    Re chemo I knew there wasn't too much chance but there's still some hope :/ I hope.
    I think from everyone, somehow you know the most about me (the real me, not the me everyone thinks they know).
    Million and one lovehugs, kidshugs and kisshugs :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Deeeeeeeeeeeeeear you..

i just wanted to know why you only talk to me when YOURE free, i take time out to talk to you and miss you like crazyy...
    but when it comes to you why does it feel like you dont miss me? why dont you take time out for me to talk to me? Call me needy or whatever, but i only ever want you to show me affection and that you care, sometimes it feels like you dont.
    i also have figured out that for you, your friends come before me, i dont have much of a priority in your life.
    whereas me? haha you come before everyone else, anything happens and youre the first person who comes across in my mind...

am i wrong about giving you so much importance in my life? because for you, i come second or maybe third.

i just want answers that you wont give me

Love me

Dear me

I am glad you made that cringe post here.
    It has helped so much in helping me realise it's not longing, it's merely just a recollection of memories.
    I'm also glad you've decided against contacting him again, it would have been a bad idea.

And now please go revise for your exams!

From me

Dear You,

You're a worthless piece of crap and getting old. Nobody will ever love you. Single and lonely will be your life. Stop thinking about all the success everyone else gets in their love life. You're not good enough, particularly in the looks department, and never will be. Get over it.

From your own mind

ReputationRep:
    Dear you,

Thank you for paying attention to me all those years when I needed it most. Thank you for being the highlight of my weekday's. I loved you even though my friend's made fun if me. I knew you were special, and you were the most beautiful man that I have laid eye's upon. Thanking you for relieving the agony of my pain at the time. Thank you for making me feel beautiful. I really thought we'd end up together. So when I saw you were married the other day my heart and world crumbled. I wish I had never met you.

ReputationRep:
    Dear you, cont.

It Hurts that I'll never be the one to make you feel happy, loved or cherished. To make you laugh or smile, to give you kids, to talk about all manner of things intellectual or stupid. I hate that I can never hear about your day, to learn every detail about you, see you smile or hear your voice. I hate that we'll never have a life together.

.... From me. Have a good one.

ReputationRep:
    Dear you
    It's not going to work. You don't know, none of you know coz you're not at home as much as I am.

Mum is getting bad too now :/
    Dad, he's really withdrawn now. He's only getting worse.

Don't help hey when sis had all her sh*t go down too. And everything all together at once.

I had to hear it you know, when everything was going on, it was taken out on me. And I just had to deal because who could I tell? Heck, I broke. I ain't fixed yet. I'm trying.

But guess I'm gonna have to forego me once again and do what I need for you all. Seeing as I'm the only one everyone will listen too. And unfortunately the only in a position to be able to actively do anything.

R.i.p me. I don't think I'll survive this. God, I hope I do. I hope I have the strength to do this. I'll do it. For you. For all of the family, just please when I break and lose my mind... be there for me. Don't leave me hanging. All of you can help me then.

There has to be a better way. Maybe I'll think of something.

ReputationRep:
    Dear you

We have had some amazing times together, you have been there for me and i have been there for you. We haven't known each other for long but you have become one of my best friends. It is sad to know that our time as friends will soon be over, but you need to do what you think is best. i want you to be happy even if what makes you happy will upset me.

you are the strongest, bravest, sweetest, most kind and caring person i have ever met. I fell in love with you in an instant and i will never forget you. i intend to make the last few months you are here as special as they can be, you will always be my special girl.

All my love
    Your Sharky

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.