Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dear you

I was meant to have stopped writing messages to you on here but somehow I think it makes me feel better about what has gone on. I wish I knew what is going on in your head. I honestly think you like me but you are just scared. The way we act around each other isn't normal and even though you panicked I just don't believe that it was a sign of no interest. People say that you are a bit of a flirt and that you aren't the shy person I think you are but I don't believe them. Apparently you are really confident with others but you can't even manage to talk to me even after all this time. I know that they say that I'm just seeing what I want to see in you but I know you're different. When you look at me I feel like you are trying to show me a more honest genuine side to you. Your eyes are gentle and lonely and I see so much of myself in you. There are things in the way you act that are so similar to me, you can be really quiet and distant and stay really closed off which is so similar to me. I wish things had turned out differently because I'm hurting so much and I'm so embarrassed that you might think I'm that desperate. I guess I have to try and forget you but it would be so much easier if I actually thought you didn't like me. I know that I will hold out hope until I see you again that maybe one day we will both be able to admit what we both already know and try to patch up the damage that has been done.

Love me

ReputationRep:
    Dear you
    Get the HELL OUT OF MY LIFE

thanks
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Dear you,
    Thank you so so much for standing up for me and making them leave me alone it took balls to do that and i had been wondering why they have been leaving me alone recently and now i know :hugs: thank you for doing that, you literally have no idea how glad i am about that and how they were actually upsetting me
    Also thank you for saying i am your friend and that they should treat me with respect and thank you for saying i was pretty (even though i don't believe it lol)
    :lovehug: x

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Dear you,
    Thank you so so much for standing up for me and making them leave me alone it took balls to do that and i had been wondering why they have been leaving me alone recently and now i know :hugs: thank you for doing that, you literally have no idea how glad i am about that and how they were actually upsetting me
    Also thank you for saying i am your friend and that they should treat me with respect and thank you for saying i was pretty (even though i don't believe it lol)
    :lovehug: x
    I'm sure they meant it :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Dear you,

It has now been 2 weeks since we stopped our sessions, and ironically today is the first day in a while that I don't feel good Even though I haven't necessarily felt like I have needed the space to talk about things, I still feel sad that I don't see you any more . I know that I can always come to your other place, but I am waiting until I really need you for that!

Love me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Dear you,
    I don't even know what to say. I was genuinely upset and you did that.
    Lots of love :indiff:

Dear you,

How can you say you love me? I don't understand. I mean, yeah we've known of each other our whole lives but we've only met twice and the last time was over 10 years ago. You're telling everyone that you like me and you're only going to marry me, if not me then no one. Do you know how much pressure that puts on me?

Do you even really know me? What I like/don't like? Do you know anything apart from what you've heard from others? I've told you a million times how much it annoys me when you declare your love but yet you still do. Does that make me a bad person? Am I being mean? I don't even know anymore.

I have so many questions to ask you but every time I ask you something it feels like you're only saying what you think I want to hear. You already want to change certain things about me, things I don't want to change.

I know I have a really hard decision to make, a decision that's going to take a while.

If I do say no I'm scared that I'm going to lose quite a few people. I will lose my best friend because she's married to your brother and some other people I care about. And trust me if that happens, I will hate you forever. If you force people to take sides then...

Too much pressure :cry:

Me

Dear You,

I still miss you even though it's been a year since I last saw you. Exams are stressing me out so much. I miss your long hugs and when I used to snuggle into your chest.

I want to hate you badly. But I really can't.

Me.

ReputationRep:
    Dear you,

I hate you. Stop playing tricks on me.

Me

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry for being such an idiot.

Dear you,

I miss you so much, I know I acted like I don't care anymore but i still think of you everyday, I've been having breakdowns and I have no one that would understand anymore,
    you were the biggest mistake I've made so far and all my time and thoughts were spent with you and I didn't realise how badly behind I was with college work, I'm on my path for bad grades and as much as I'm trying to avoid these thoughts the fact is that's what seems like the only real thing right know. But you know what I'm glad you came in my life, its nice to know that someone once loved me for who I was. All those times we stayed up till 5 talking about the weirdest things and now i cant stay awake till 12 to do my homework and revision:rolleyes:

My mind has literally become numb, I cant bother with people any more, no one, because everyone just leaves me when I need them, like how my mum did today, still heart broken about that but it puts a lot of new things about this world in perspective.

My friends are flying through revision were as all I can do is think of you and the cruel world, I wish I didn't think so much but I cant help it, I feel so broken and lost, I just want to sleep and not wake up
    ugh, I know this is a phase and it will get better, I'm hopeful for a better day every morning but these goodbyes keep dragging me down.......

love,
    me

Dear you,
    **** OFF omg :/
    seriously my first post on this thread was about you and you still keep being a prat to me.
    like just STOP
    ffs
    leave me alone

Dear You,

You are disgusting. In what world do you think it is at all appropriate to stand in a school playground and make loud racist remarks about a child?

The worst part is your child parroting what you said. You're going to pass your awful beliefs onto your children and they're going to continue them on in life.

It's sad.

People like you are the reason I hate our area. You should be ashamed of yourself.

From,
    Me

Dear you,

There are days when I wish I didn't share your DNA. There are days when I look at my friends' families, and wonder why I couldn't have that. But there are also days when just thinking those things breaks my heart, because I'm meant to love you, and you're meant to love me. Today is one of those days. There are things you do that sometimes make me doubt the issues we have, make me wonder if maybe all the arguments and tears over the years have been due to perceived slights. You used to sing me Que Sera, Sera, while stroking my head when I was sick and scared. You taught me left from right. You indulge every single annoying interest I have ever had, and even if you do find some way to make it about you, to make it about your work, sometimes that's more than anyone else has ever given me. You listened to a 12 year old me rabbit on about wolf social hierarchies and 14 year old me recount every battle during the American Revolution down to precise details of casualties and losses. You bought me my first microscope, are always ready to purchase me books, stationary, pads, anything I need for school.

But I'm still terrified of you. I love you, but I cannot let that go.

I still remember being pulled out of a river by the police when I could barely walk because we'd fallen in a river together, and having pneumonia as a result. I still remember being stowed under the stairs when you had one of your episodes, when you'd lash out and hurt people and the ambulance had to come. I still remember the absolute terror I felt when one day you came into my room, lay down on top of me, and started screaming. I had to break myself out of my own home to get you help. The following morning, you made me go round to every house on the street and personally apologise for waking people up at 1AM, because ten year old me could not wrestle a grown person to the floor, and I was worried that if I called an ambulance, they wouldn't believe me, and you'd find out and hit me, and I was alone so there was nothing I could do about it. I remember telling you I wanted to go home, and you drove me far away, and wouldn't let me call anyone to tell them where I was. I remember you telling me, when I said I had been abused by a man three times my age, for years because I was so lonely and had no family to help, that "I should have known better than that".

I still remember all that. And I'm bitter and I'm tired, and sometimes I wish you would finally hit me so I can say "that's it, that's enough, you've blown it now", because until that day I know I cannot say goodbye. I tell everyone I will do, that I have nothing to do with you, that we're estranged now, I finally ripped the plaster off. But we're not.

I still want to make you proud of me. I want you to be there when I graduate. I still wish and pray that one day, when someone speaks of you, I think of you and not your disease. I don't want to look at other people, and wish they were your replacement.

Exams are coming now, and I'm not worried about getting into uni.

I'm not worried about meeting the entry requirements, getting the grades, doing myself justice.

I'm worried about opening that envelope, seeing those results, and having to face you once more telling me "you're not good enough", when all my life, despite all that I've said about us, I have never once thought such a thing of you.

Love,

Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dear you,

How can you say you love me? I don't understand. I mean, yeah we've known of each other our whole lives but we've only met twice and the last time was over 10 years ago. You're telling everyone that you like me and you're only going to marry me, if not me then no one. Do you know how much pressure that puts on me?

Do you even really know me? What I like/don't like? Do you know anything apart from what you've heard from others? I've told you a million times how much it annoys me when you declare your love but yet you still do. Does that make me a bad person? Am I being mean? I don't even know anymore.

I have so many questions to ask you but every time I ask you something it feels like you're only saying what you think I want to hear. You already want to change certain things about me, things I don't want to change.

I know I have a really hard decision to make, a decision that's going to take a while.

If I do say no I'm scared that I'm going to lose quite a few people. I will lose my best friend because she's married to your brother and some other people I care about. And trust me if that happens, I will hate you forever. If you force people to take sides then...

Too much pressure :cry:

Me
    thats really sad and ****ed up, you sound like you may be from a south asian background, pm for help

(Original post by welcometoib)
    thats really sad and ****ed up, you sound like you may be from a south asian background, pm for help
    Yeah I am :sigh: Thank you but I don't really see how you could help.

Dear You,

Ffs why the hell am I missing you? I really really don't want to.

Me.

ReputationRep:
    Dear you (me)

Sort your life out m8. You're two decades old in a few hours :slap:

(Original post by Biryani007)
    Dear you (me)

Sort your life out m8. You're two decades old in a few hours :slap:
    OMMGMGG BIRI OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMG OMG <3 :lovehug: awwhh Biri you don't need to sort yourself out, you are perfect as you are :lovehug:

------------
    To you,
    I will actually miss you all however pathetic that may sound, yes i hate a lot of you but we are all in this together after all and you are alright company i suppose, felt sad today which is stupid but yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OMMGMGG BIRI OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMG OMG <3 :lovehug: awwhh Biri you don't need to sort yourself out, you are perfect as you are :lovehug:

------------
    To you,
    I will actually miss you all however pathetic that may sound, yes i hate a lot of you but we are all in this together after all and you are alright company i suppose, felt sad today which is stupid but yeh
    OMG thank you!!! You are honestly so kind!! There's a lot I need to sort out...time just flies byyyyyyy :emo:
    But thank you so much you beauty! :lovehug: xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.