Conservationofmass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In year 13, just did my c3 and c4 mock (papers from 2015), got 51/75 on both, a C, should I be worried as I want at least an A/A*
I got a C in my c1 mock last year and ended up with an A so I'd be inclined to think I'd be okay, though I felt I did really well in c3 and **** in c4..lol
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Conservationofmass)
In year 13, just did my c3 and c4 mock (papers from 2015), got 51/75 on both, a C, should I be worried as I want at least an A/A*
I got a C in my c1 mock last year and ended up with an A so I'd be inclined to think I'd be okay, though I felt I did really well in c3 and **** in c4..lol
If one of my students did, I would be slightly concerned on their behalf, particularly for A*
physics_maths7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Speaking from experience: I'm also in year 13 however last year sat the following maths exams from the edexcel board: C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, S1. I revised ~6 hours per exam for my mocks and achieved c's and d's in the mocks. (cant remember exactly but i think c3 was my worst exam). When it came to the summer exams I did more revision (in hindsight it still wasn't enough) and achieved an A overall (A in C4, A in C3) so it is possible however I would consider myself lucky to have achieved this. This year I've chosen to retake both C3 and C4 in an attempt to get an A* (uni offers). My only advice would be....revise. I probably will have a repeat of last year and achieve grades slightly below those that I would like however maybe you can be less stubborn than me tl;dr: You're asking an open ended question but if you want an A/A* there is more than enough time to get it. GL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.58%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.86%
I need help with my personal statement (59)
40.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.94%

Watched Threads