Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa english literature 2016 omam aic predictions!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Maybe section a would be how Steinbeck presents Candy/Carlson during the scene (although I think it is better suited to Carlson). If it were Carlson you could say:
    Insensitive
    Aggressive
    The Luger shows his attitude to death- it is already loaded and he is prepared to kill.
    Asks for Slims approval

Then section B could be how animals are use to present life in rural America? There is a lot to say on that:
    Rabbits
    Horses
    Mouse
    Puppies
    Heron and the water snake
    Curley and his wife as fish.

If these came up, I think it would be a decent question tbh! Also, Candy has come up before in January 2011. Gerald also came up in 2011 for AIC. Good luck everyone!

for the rabbits you could use the quote "and red and blue and green rabbits" i believe said by lennie when talking about their future ranch that they will own shows how deluded the american dream has made them become and how hypnotising the american dream is from the true reality of the conditions of the ranch and what was going on during that time. AS THOSE COLOUR RABBITS DONT EXIST

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly also since George says it it shows he doesn't believe in it as her makes it fictional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elovesu5)
    for the rabbits you could use the quote "and red and blue and green rabbits" i believe said by lennie when talking about their future ranch that they will own shows how deluded the american dream has made them become and how hypnotising the american dream is from the true reality of the conditions of the ranch and what was going on during that time. AS THOSE COLOUR RABBITS DONT EXIST
    What does Carlson ask Slim's approval for? x

ReputationRep:
    for context (if racism comes up), this is what i came up with:

the book of mice and men was banned in the 1990s by most american schools from studying it as it was associated with links to it promoting euthanasia and using a high influx of racial slurs and offensive language. however steinbeck did not intend to promote the use of these words, instead ridicule and criticize it. this is because steinbeck's aim here was not to emulate the racial beliefs many of the american society were in concord with during the 1930s but instead to reveal the truth about lives of ranch workers and the abuse the less fortunate received, such as candy and his dog along with crooks. he approached the characters with a sense of realism, linking with the vocabulary they would have used in the times to black people such as crooks, which although is severe, vulgar and offensive, steinbeck purposefully uses it to show the audience the difficulty and wrongness within the words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretagentsky)
    What does Carlson ask Slim's approval for? x
    It shows slims authority because he is 'god like' and also Carlson is just an ordinary worker who obeys whoever ... He exists he has no dream

ReputationRep:
    1 day left now!
    I'm also doing the same 2 books as you (virtual 5 five!)
    I predict candy's dog's death
    And omfg if you mean you got 32 for the lit coursework??? becuse SAME
    no idea about poetry

ReputationRep:
    Done no where near enough preparation for this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliej2802)
    Done no where near enough preparation for this exam
    Same, I'm kinda screwed for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas-cowley)
    Do you guys/ gals think that Inspector Goole could come up considering he came up in 2012's January paper? I'm thinking it'll be either Gerald, Sheila, Mrs B or The Inspector!
    Yeah I think it would probably be inspector Goole coming up tomorrow if not maybe Mr.Birling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    99 days left till our Exams guys, how you feeling
    Im doing AIC and OMAM for the Unit 1 exam and for the Poetry exam im studying conflict. Just wanted to know your predictions for this year.

I predict - OMAM - Candy/Crooks
    AIC - Eric,Gerald (mrs birling possible)

i have no clue for peotry im an A* student but my courseowkr was rather DOWNMarked so i got 32 ( an A) yet i need an A*
    i thought perhaps something on candy and his dog might come up for omam and for aic i think either sheila or her relationship with gerald or just a question about sheila and eric

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions for DNA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stayc_p)
    Yeah I think it would probably be inspector Goole coming up tomorrow if not maybe Mr.Birling
    Mr Birling came up last year?

ReputationRep:
    Curleys wife or dreams for OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, you'll all do better than me bcos I don't have a clue what I'm doing lmao

ReputationRep:
    U lot are lucky; my teacher is not even giving me my coursework grade!!! I want an A* but I don't even know if there is any point going for it due to the unknown coursework grade :L . Good luck guys my exam is today (I had to think about that lol because its past 12am) and I am dreading it!

ReputationRep:
    It's 1:41am and I'm so scared for his exam , really hoping that AIC is either Shelia or Mrs B , but knowing AQA this year they'll probs make it Edna 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aidenj)
    It's 1:41am and I'm so scared for his exam , really hoping that AIC is either Shelia or Mrs B , but knowing AQA this year they'll probs make it Edna 😭
    Good luck. Hope it isn't Mrs B.

ReputationRep:
    Gerald and shiela

ReputationRep:
    Conflict

ReputationRep:
    Extract from OMAM: The build up to Lennie's death

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.